See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Blackjack by Ron DiBenedetto 4 Sale

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    [QUOTE=bbennett3580;30679]Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and was hoping to sell this pricey piece of literature for significantly less than what I paid. I paid $350 and am looking to sell it for $200. I will cover the shipping to anywhere in the United States, and the funds can be sent securely through PayPal. This is a great book and if you do some research you will see that it retails for $400-$500. Anyone interested please feel free to buzz me an email. Thanks!

Brian

Attachment 645[/QUOTE

This is probably the system seller.

Zengrifter those were wonderful. I'm still pulling my tongue out of my cheek.

Aslan, thanks for the walk down memory lane. I grew up on those. I watched a "Peabody's Improbably History" afterward (not the first link, however. It's a fake.)

Banned or Suspended

User is banned, content deleted.
    Last edited by zengrifter; 02-10-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Last edited by zengrifter; 02-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    You are suggesting that BBennet IS RonD, the author?
    It would be great to have the author post thread to the Disadvantage forum to defend his work. (Wouldn't it, Norm?)

Hey BBennnet, is this YOU also? --
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/bks/3576045720.html
    That was my suggestion, yes. He has only 4 posts, and just joined. I looked it up a little bit, and they've been marketing this book in mid-2012. Didn't find a copyright, but i figured it must be fairly new. This system appeals to me, in my imagination as a degenerate gambler. As such a person, in my desparation I've already looked up card counting and gave up on it as a solution because it requires a level of discipline I obviously lack. But this system is magic. After getting about max market penetration, the system seller wants to see if card counters would buy the system. Logically, a card counter would improve his game if he could know when the best time is to depart a table. Such a thing is not unknowable, unless u believe some things are indeed impossible. So it's not like it isnt worth a try. So it probably is the system seller. What's ur intel about this being his son?

Blog Entries

Written in 1995 and based on what was already known to be nonsense.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Logically, a card counter would improve his game if he could know when the best time is to depart a table.
    We already know that. Read Blackjack Attack 3. This tells you when to wong out based on penetration and count and availability of a fresh shoe. The info in this book will increase profits a lot.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Written in 1995 and based on what was already known to be nonsense.
    Wow and they're still trying to sell it for hundreds? And the author is still ranting about it (I saw a website of his, posts in apr. 2012)? That's insane. I gotta say, though. I hate degenerate ploppies more than scam artists. So kudos. Just take this somewhere else...or at least debate us so we can tear ur defense of this system to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    We already know that. Read Blackjack Attack 3. This tells you when to wong out based on penetration and count and availability of a fresh shoe. The info in this book will increase profits a lot.
    U should wong out as early as possible. But +1 isn't really reasonable, so -2 works. There's more to know than that? His system is sayin stuff like know when the table is done giving out money for the nite, or when the table is about to hit a cold streak. I meant if it were possible to know that, then logically it would improve our game. And if you believe anything is possible, and you believe that the author is honest, u may be tempted to buy his book--i tried to peg the logic behind bringin his book here.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    He means when to leave beyond all the statistical rigidity: using meta patterns, flux signatures and other non-ordinary cues and the likes ...
    .... stuff that defies Bayes Law ... fractalclumping sh*t - really advanced stuff. So advanced it cannot be proven with simulations and extrapolations and algebra .... but it CAN be owned and experienced and charted experiential. You know, in the real world against real shuffles and dirty ashtrays.
    I remain skeptical. I think what ur saying is that the count is prone to deformation based on other factors. It makes sense, since u can get killed in good counts, and watch everyone win when ur sitting out. But if it cannot be proved w/a formulaic approach, it seems faith-based. Also, it would be way beyond me to be of any use, if it is valid. It also brings up a question. Not having read the book at issue, who's to say the author hasn't simplified these approaches?
    Last edited by Boz; 02-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    It also brings up a question. Not having read the book at issue, who's to say the author hasn't simplified these approaches?
    Norm, for one. And FWIW, in matters of legitimate blackjack strategy vs. voodoo, I'll go with his judgment anytime. Not only that, I am not interested in risking my hard-earned money on ideas regarding card play that cannot be verified by scientific analysis. If anyone does want to try out such ideas, I wish them the best of luck, and deep down, I really feel they'll need it. So far in the history of card playing, no one has come up with a successful strategy that runs counter to the laws of probability. ESP, paranormal stuff, quantum theories, and the like, are fine the laboratory, but have no place in a professional gambler's repertoire, at least, not until they become provable strategies.

We should take a strong stand against this stuff on the Forum. It's insidious and can infiltrate all the clear and provable methods and techniques discussed here. It is better left to some other type forum just to ensure that we don't mix up our p's and q's. Too much of this discussion may lead newbies to put some degree of faith in silly notions.
    Last edited by Aslan; 02-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast