Thread: Theory's on new games and side bets

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Theory's on new games and side bets

Hi, I am new to this forum. I understand how to do most of the math when it comes to counts on side bets of blackjack and some new games. I have done the work. I have googled for the information and have found none of what I know. I do not believe it is in a book. That being said I do not want to reveal it. I am not interested in trying to make a go of it myself I have two young children at home. I do not want to invest the time or the risk. I still have more work to do. I know there is a lot of smart advantage players who can and probably figured out some of the things I did here. What can a good blackjack book make? Is there another way to profit without getting ideas taken? I have some other ideas I have been messing with card memorization ect. Sorry I don't mean to be vague. I am not trying to make myself out to be something I am not. I understand how to do the math to get the answers. It is not the most effective but it gets me there. Thoughts?

Card memorization using traditional memory techniques (like at the memory olympics) could be potentially useful at some sidebets - but you have to find those bets and a lot of the times they have low limits. Sidebets are still shrouded in mystery and the counts to beat them are difficult and a lot are unbeatable. If you havent even counted a table you should start there - some books are worth the money but find a level 1 count memorize the illustrious 18 and go play to see if you even want to do this before you try rainman-ing side counts

I can memorize a deck in under five minutes. I can count cards. I have developed a count for a side bet and another one for the most part. Also, working on a count to beat a new game. I don't think you understood my post. I was wondering how I could profit from the information short of writing a book. How much a good blackjack book can make? I have no desire to spend the time or the risk playing.

Quote Originally Posted by samwallace View Post
    I can memorize a deck in under five minutes. I can count cards. I have developed a count for a side bet and another one for the most part. Also, working on a count to beat a new game. I don't think you understood my post. I was wondering how I could profit from the information short of writing a book. How much a good blackjack book can make? I have no desire to spend the time or the risk playing.
    According to the authors who have commented, you can make a mere pittance on a blackjack book and I suspect they are correct.

If you personally have these highly specialized skills but the ideas to be sold are how to count various games then you are very late to the game.

Any value would likely be found in "playing" the games for which you have no appetite. If you think your ideas are unique and valuable enough then you should contact one of the luminaries (authors?) and partner with them to bring it to market. Otherwise, you are starting from a point of deep ignorance thinking you have found the "answer". You will find most here to be skeptical.

In any case, good luck with your adventure.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by samwallace View Post
    heads up single deck youre going to have a lot less then five minutes - SHORT of writing a book? You're not going to make any money WRITING the book.
    You could possibly offer seminars - but if you're not in Vegas good luck getting anyone to come - especially an unknown - you might want to try coming up with a count of how many cans you are able to recycle in an hour - it would likely be more profitable