See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me verify my count and plan is solid

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by The Buzzard View Post
    I remain confused about this hand. 12v4 at true count.
    am I to hit this hand when the true count is <1? If the
    count is 1 or above I stand? Or does it mean I need to
    be even more aggressive and hit the hand if true count
    <=1 and stand only if the count is greater than 1?

At ZER0 T.C. it matters not at all.

Especially since you are betting little.

In a shoe game Hit at -1 or below.

In a pitch game Hit at 0 or below.

You are seriously overthinking this.

The actual indices are fractional, and

the indices that we use are "averaged"

over all possible hand makeups.

It matters if you considered losing

or gaining 2 or 3 cents on a $25 bet.

"Pearls before Swine."

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    With (my) 'rule of thumb' you ought to place a
    Max Bet when you have roughly a 2% advantage.

In a standard S17 shoe game without restricted
    doubles or pen' < 80% with the ZEN Count 2%
    is exceeded at T.C. +8.

I usually wait till TC +9 to max out with Zen. I’m aware that I sacrifice a little EV by doing so, but it allows me to virtually keep my RoR close to 0%. Many of the sims I've ran on CVCX also show that the optimal ramp for Zen suggest to max out at +9 as well. Of course, all of this dependent on game selection and ramp size. I’ve had some sims suggest that the optimal point to max out is at TC +7.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    I usually wait till TC +9 to max out with Zen. I’m aware that I sacrifice a little EV by doing so, but it allows me to virtually keep my RoR close to 0%. Many of the sims I've ran on CVCX also show that the optimal ramp for Zen suggest to max out at +9 as well. Of course, all of this dependent on game selection and ramp size. I’ve had some sims suggest that the optimal point to max out is at TC +7.
    Regardless of count system, everyone pretty much has the same decision to make. I don't break it out to be the nth degree, but when it comes to shoe games, I vary max bets and overall bet ramps with deck pen as the variable factor. The reason fir this should be obvious, but if not, I can elaborate. Other items enter into the equation, but essentially, deck pen is the variable factor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Buzzard View Post
    I remain confused about this hand. 12v4 at true count 1.
    am I to hit this hand when the true count is <1? If the count is 1 or above I stand?

This means I will be hitting this hand a lot and right off the top of the shoe, I will hit it until the RC hits 6 during the first deck, 5 during the second deck, etc.
    Off the top of the shoe in that 6 dk S17 game you need to look at how your 12 is comprised, if it includes a 2 and 10 value card you hit otherwise you stand. Unless you are seeing the round from a full table perspective and you see mostly all non ten cards, including the hits of other players in front of you base it on count.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Off the top of the shoe in that 6 dk S17 game you need to look at how your 12 is comprised, if it includes a 2 and 10 value card you hit otherwise you stand. Unless you are seeing the round from a full table perspective and you see mostly all non ten cards, including the hits of other players in front of you base it on count.
    Seems to me that I have oftener mentioned the word - nuances. Comment above is one example.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Seems to me that I have oftener mentioned the word - nuances. Comment above is one example.
    Another nuance for the game the OP is playing is in a neutral count or the first hand of a shoe do not surrender a 15 comprised of a 8, 7 vs a ten up, hit it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    With shoes my TC max is higher slightly than my DD spreads.... Ive played some decent pitch games where the 2% edge rule is around TC 5-6. Certainly highlights the importance of the sims and what works for one game may not be the best for another. Another factor for me is I'm vastly "over-rolled" for the local shops I play, so i have no issues getting my max out early and take on a touch of variance....

Another nuance for the game the OP is playing is in a neutral count or the first hand of a shoe do not surrender a 15 comprised of a 8, 7 vs a ten up, hit it instead.

The two above quotes information was taken by memory from the most accurate basic strategy charts available anywhere. All in Blackjack Attack 3rd Edition, by Don S. So all the new players out there can start learning the game right from Don's book.
    Last edited by BoSox; 02-12-2018 at 04:23 PM.

the pen and rules of the game allow the player to ramp a little later , possibly giving it a higher score. keep the info to yourself ,don't ever post them even if it is a low limit game . i doubt any of the local players appreciate your posting but i don't think you said where it is .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12