See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need I-18 Cards

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I think most cars have the speedometer reading both in MPH and KPH.
    Like the missionary, one if the isplays is dominant.

Is this what's known as hijacking a thread? LOL. No problem--after the initial ridicule I got a lot of helpful advice re: I-18 cards, and they've proven to be extremely useful. So did the other memorization aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Is this what's known as hijacking a thread?
    As a group, I suspect we have ADD.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    As a group, I suspect we have ADD.
    My friends knew I had it decades ago.

The trick is to turn ADD into gift, the ability to do multiple things at once. I had no trouble solving multiple complex problems, and I might add, somewhat more efficiently than 3.

From across this great land, from Halifax to Victoria, the crowds cried out - do you know that guy Freightman - yeah, he's a great guy - he solves more problems than 3. I was sought after. The only issue is that I needed someone, somewhat opposite to me to clean up the paperwork fiasco. My wife, for example, as a do one thing at a time till done scenario, or someone with very good organizational skills.

Which leads me to an analysis to contemplate the variable up/down drop of installed power golf tees, to enhance your driving experience.

Power golf tees (PGT) designed to hold your balls up while driving, depend on a Complex mathematical scenario, to determine the proper drop to account for the variable circumference of left VS. right nut. This is to insure symmetry to assure proper body alignment, thus avoiding that slanted sensation while driving. PGT, therefore requires a determination of both Left ball (LB), and right Ball (RB), via a combination table of all ball circumferences (Circum), incorporating, on a line by line basis, the calculated height differential, thus requiring input only the proper accounted line by means lookup formula, to insure the proper variable golf tee height.

I was about to reveal my firm plans for this evening, waiting only for my wife to tell me what they were, when I received a phone call from one of the guys about the boys poker game tonight. My wife, benevolent, generous and beautiful - flush with house vig, granted her approval for my participation. Accordingly, think I'll head to the bakery, calculate the formulae required, and then head directly to said poker game.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Accordingly, think I'll head to the bakery, calculate the formulae required, and then head directly to said poker game.
    At least you are only going to a bakery before the game, and not be eating something like a can of sardines while downing a bottle of Canadian Mist.

Power golf tees (PGT) designed to hold your balls up while driving, depend on a Complex mathematical scenario, to determine the proper drop to account for the variable circumference of left VS. right nut. This is to insure symmetry to assure proper body alignment, thus avoiding that slanted sensation while driving. PGT, therefore requires a determination of both Left ball (LB), and right Ball (RB), via a combination table of all ball circumferences (Circum), incorporating, on a line by line basis, the calculated height differential, thus requiring input only the proper accounted line by means lookup formula, to insure the proper variable golf tee height.

Does Don S. more fully discuss this in BJA? I need to visualize it with charts and graphs. Ideally, I'd like a color-coded card so I can incorporate it into my practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    At least you are only going to a bakery before the game, and not be eating something like a can of sardines while downing a bottle of Canadian Mist.
    Sardines, prior to the poker game, yields an unfair advantage to consumer of same. yielding an unusual odor akin to mustard gas, which, during a check raise scenario, impairs the minds if opponents - thus is considered as illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post

Does Don S. more fully discuss this in BJA? I need to visualize it with charts and graphs. Ideally, I'd like a color-coded card so I can incorporate it into my practicing.
    Don and I have discussed, at length, incorporation of the FBM ASC into BJA4. We have yet to discuss the xtension of concept to include PGT.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Sardines, prior to the poker game, yields an unfair advantage to consumer of same. yielding an unusual odor akin to mustard gas, which, during a check raise scenario, impairs the minds if opponents - thus is considered as illegal.
    Should add that consumption of a couple of beers, along with the sardines, yields a devilish mist sufficient to peel paint off the walls. It is considered poor comportment to do so at the home of another player/host.

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    If you have Don's book, BJA, you can copy; laminate and make your own card. Laminate it after you copy/color it for example. Just a little research can get you similar cards with indexes that work. You can find them at Blackjack Science for sale if you want to buy them. You can find them from BJ Info from Ken Smith for sale at his store IF you really want to buy golf balls. It's not that hard to find one that is useable for sale. But the advice given by posters above is more than adequate for you to learn, no matter which learning method works best for you. And I know we all learn by different means.
    Thanks dear golf

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

sbrugby
    ... +1 .....I agree fully.

Diogenes,

If you cannot learn (without help) a dozen and a half indices in under an
    hour you may lack the "right stuff" ~ but you can always take up knitting.

I recommend >100 indices with advanced counts.

Note: An hour, as cited above, is a damn long time for such a simple task.

I remember 350+ indexes. It is like riding the bicycle. Once you memorize them, it is basic instinct.

People learn/remember things differently
    Personally i always write down the indices i want to use before i go out and play. for whatever reason i remember things a lot better after writing them down rather than just reading them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345