Thread: ?Team play?How to be mathematically fair when spotters invest in different amounts?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question ?Team play?How to be mathematically fair when spotters invest in different amounts?

Hello APs! Here seems the right place to find a lot of experienced APs.
    I'd like to form a Big Player team, I plan to split the profit 50/50(or take the loss) with all the spotters/investors, and pay the BP by hourly salary. For instance, 5 spotters each invest 20k to have a 100k total bankroll. After the trip, we have 120k, then each of us receives 4k profit.

However, some spotters/investors are not able to invest 20k. If we split the profit or take the loss according to the percentage amount we invest in the bankroll, would it be fair?
    For example, five of us invest in a total of 100k bankroll:
    person A invests 40k,
    person B invests 25k,
    person C invests 20k,
    person D invests 10k,
    person E invests 5k,
    After a disastrous trip, we ended up with 50k bankroll left, then:
    person A receives 20k,
    person B receives 12.5k,
    person C receives 10k,
    person D receives 5k,
    person E receives 2.5k.
    In the above case, assuming our lifestyles are identical, that means no one is having a luxury dinner during the trip. Should we pay the same amount for hotel, gas, meal, and managing cost(CBJN/CVCX), or subtract all the cost from bankroll, then split the remaining by percentage of investment?

I just want to be absolutely fair to everybody in order to have an honest environment within the team. Btw, team leader doesn't take an extra salary for training spotters/BP, or planning the trip. If percentage method is not fair, how to be fair?
    I truly appreciate all the valuable knowledge and information, thanks a lot!

There are many ways to do this. The underlying complexity of this question makes posting an "answer" very difficult. The absence of many important questions is indicative of both your exuberance to do this and your inexperience.

Team play is very different than AP lone wolf play.

I assure you, if this is the first time you have done this, then getting some advice is smart. Seek advice from experienced team managers! You will have enough "noise" in a team without creating your own with a flawed organizational structure.

If you want to discuss in private then contact me at [email protected] and leave your contact information or join the paid side of this forum and PM me.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Basically, with a professional gambling team you have profits split 50/50 between investors and players. The investor's share is simple to determine, as the % of funds invested equals the % share of investor profits. For the players share you need to quantify how much each player's role is worth, that is a bit more complicated but just play around with the numbers and you should be able to determine something that is equitable. Spotters would probably get the least, and a gorilla big player should get less than a big player that doesn't need a controller. The controller, if you are using one, should probably get the most but it shouldn't be much more than the other players I'd imagine. Maybe twice as much?

I don't see why the BP should get an hourly salary instead of a % of the winnings.

If you have 5 spotters and a BP who knows how to count, then I would say divide the player's share 15% for each spotter (75% in total) and 25% for the BP.

Make sure to do lots of quality assurance before you hit the road.
    Last edited by Meistro123; 02-09-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Basically, with a professional gambling team you have profits split 50/50 between investors and players. The investor's share is simple to determine, as the % of funds invested equals the % share of investor profits. For the players share you need to quantify how much each player's role is worth, that is a bit more complicated but just play around with the numbers and you should be able to determine something that is equitable. Spotters would probably get the least, and a gorilla big player should get less than a big player that doesn't need a controller. The controller, if you are using one, should probably get the most but it shouldn't be much more than the other players I'd imagine. Maybe twice as much?

I don't see why the BP should get an hourly salary instead of a % of the winnings.

If you have 5 spotters and a BP who knows how to count, then I would say divide the player's share 15% for each spotter (75% in total) and 25% for the BP.

Make sure to do lots of quality assurance before you hit the road.
    Meistro, I mean no disrespect but I must ask, Have you ever managed a team and are offering advice from experience or are you just providing an opinion?

And I do not mean a weekend bank sharing event, I mean a full time 10+ person located nationwide event?

If not from experience then you should be clear to the OP that you are sharing an opinion or you may do more harm than good.

Just saying....
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Here's my two cents.
    I would first subtract expenses including BP saleries and then divide the remaining at "prorata" of investments and playing time.

Also, my general rule of thumb, always keep expenses including BP salaries under 25% of EV. In a well balanced strategy your expenses will never be more than 50% of CE.
    G Man