Thread: CVCX, What's the difference between Demo and paid full version?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX, What's the difference between Demo and paid full version?

I'm considering buying a CVCX. what's more in the full version compared to the demo version? I tried the demo version 4 years ago, and gained a lot of knowledge from it.

Another question is, can CVCX be shared by multiple people. My card counting partner and I both want to access to CVCX, but I'm in San Jose while she moved to Los Angeles. We're a team and certainly don't want to pay twice.

Blog Entries

The resulsts in the demo are not correct. No, you cannot "share" software.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The resulsts in the demo are not correct. No, you cannot "share" software.
    If I recall norms licensing terms correctly.
    1. You may not share between different people or homes.
    2. You may put CVData and CVCX on all of your devices.

Norm, let me know if I'm in error. I have the goods on 2 machines at home.

Blog Entries

Correct.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Are the calculators results correct ?
    I think so.

Blog Entries

Yes if you enter the correct numbers. But, the sim won't gen correct numbers.

Of course.
    I advised CVCX to a friend to help him understand Blackjack mechanisms by himself. Before telling him to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Yes if you enter the correct numbers. But, the sim won't gen correct numbers.
    Thanks for the reply, What do you mean the sim won't get correct numbers?
    it's indeed a great product. I learned a lot of mechanism from it back in 2013 when I was an active player, but I thought the numbers were correct haha, I'll buy one before I count card again. I still don't understand what is CVData, if I need CVCX to test my strategy, why do I need CVData? Thanks.

CVData allows you to do more with things like sidebets and other special bonus rules(suited blackjack, Spanish 21, etc). You can also generate custom indexes for specific playing conditions(though the gain would be small for true-counted systems). You also can view sim data on things like TC/RC distribution, how much certain hands win/lose at certain counts, and other graphs and charts. The product page has a more throughout description.

I think the demo's come with a user manual PDF which are very helpful with learning your way around the software(and whether u think you need them). I'd say CVBJ and CVCX are incredibly helpful for any player. CVData while very powerful and useful is by no means mandatory in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    CVData allows you to do more with things like sidebets and other special bonus rules(suited blackjack, Spanish 21, etc). You can also generate custom indexes for specific playing conditions(though the gain would be small for true-counted systems). You also can view sim data on things like TC/RC distribution, how much certain hands win/lose at certain counts, and other graphs and charts. The product page has a more throughout description.

I think the demo's come with a user manual PDF which are very helpful with learning your way around the software(and whether u think you need them). I'd say CVBJ and CVCX are incredibly helpful for any player. CVData while very powerful and useful is by no means mandatory in my mind.
    You're pretty darn close. A player can get away with CVCX. I can now, finding it useful for quick down and dirty sims. Don't use CVdata much anymore, but it does have some incredible functions Over and above your commentary. I rather liked multi parameter sims. The tool is great for more complex betting and ramping scenarios.

In addition, CVData can simulate sidebets, which can be a very helpful skill.

Dog Hand