Thread: Some questions about SP21/Pontoon

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Some questions about SP21/Pontoon

Hi all.

I just have a few questions regarding SP21/Pontoon. After a hiatus from the game due to other commitments, I plan to return to the game when my bank is stronger and I've brushed up on my skills again. I'm currently practicing a
    custom ace-reckoned balanced level 3 count for a 8D H17 game (.40% HE) with following tags:

1 2 3 3 2 0 0 -2 -2 -3

I've tried to mimic the EoR of each card as closely as possible, using each integer as a value of .20.

I have some doubts about tagging 9 as -2 however, as I realise that its EoR is rather neglible but its effect on PE is rather substantial. Is this valid in order to keep a balanced count using these values? Or should I adjust other tags to improve the efficiency of the count accordingly?

Also, how do I go about generating indices for this count? I cant seem to find any information regarding level 3 count indices for SP21/Pontoon anywhere?

Note: I'm aware that counts with ASC for SP21 are the most efficient. I'm a firm believer in "accuracy trumps complexity", as minor errors can wipe your advantage out. I've tried a balanced level 3 count with ASC but its like hardcore mental gymnastics with the already complex basic strategy and TC calculations to boot.

Thanks for any help.

The EOR change with the sets of rules.
    I suggest to use free MGP'BJ Combinational Analyser then the cheap (considering the utility) CVData

For instance, for the bastard game that I play at the moment

SP21ES EOR.jpg
    Last edited by Phoebe; 01-30-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    The EOR change with the sets of rules.
    I suggest to use free MGP'BJ Combinational Analyser then the cheap (considering the utility) CVData

For instance, for the bastard game that I play at the moment

SP21ES EOR.jpg
    Wow that program looks really useful. Thanks.

Yeah I know the Ace is worth a lot less in H17 SP21 games, and is crazy high in S17 games (which fluctuates depending on deck composition). It's just hard to formulate a balanced level 3 count and assign an accurate tag for 9 when it's ace reckoned? I used an ace reckoned balanced level 2 count in the past, which was a refined "Secret Monkey" count, which got the money. But there were some crazy swings as the SD of SP21 is insane. I'm trying to find ways of reducing that flux.