See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Index chart in specific format...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Looking for Index chart in specific format...

Hello all,

I am training hi-lo count, planning to play primarily shoe games.

I've memorized the 18+4 index plays, but want to learn more.

Charts I've seen in books follow the format of a basic strategy chart, which I find difficult to study from.

What I would really like is a comprehensive list of deviations organized by TC, for instance...

TC +1
    double 9v2
    Stand 16v10 (unless surrender)
    double A8v5

TC+2

and so on and so on. I think this would be helpful to me to reduce mental strain while playing, and help me study the plays that occur at the most common TCs first. Has anyone encountered something like this? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Instead of trying to memorize a bunch of numbers at once, just isolate two or three a day and review them for a few minutes three times a day. Within a month you will have more numbers than you will ever use.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by trotch View Post
    Hello all,

Charts I've seen in books follow the format of a basic strategy chart, which I find difficult to study from.

What I would really like is a comprehensive list of deviations organized by TC, for instance...

TC +1
    double 9v2
    double A8v5

TC+2

and so on and so on. I think this would be helpful to me to reduce mental strain while playing, and help me study the plays that occur at the most common TCs first. Has anyone encountered something like this? Thanks for any help you can provide.
    It's mind-boggling how NO ONE ever just answers the question asked. The answer to your question is, no, I've never seen such a chart arranged in that fashion. If I find one, I'll let you know, instead of answering six other questions that you didn't ask.

Really sad.

Don

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Don didn't appreciate your comments Three; when he was young phone numbers were only 5 digits long.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Yeserrunee. And that's how you learn to column and percentage count. It's based on formulas. Then let the spreadsheet sort accordingly and all you have to do is commit to memory. If you forget? Do the formula real quickly in your head.

But for Trotch, it shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.
    Pleased you spelled his name right.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Crotch?

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Crotch?
    Could be a natural for the FBM ASC.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Yes. Don doesn't want people to try to help others with answers to accomplishing the task the person is trying to master.

The OP said I am trying to learn more indices and I think this format will help me do so. Have you seen this format?

Two people that could have given useless answers toward learning more indices that answered the specific question, like Don did, instead gave answer intended to help the OP toward the end goal the OP's question was intended to help the OP with. It is sad when a person is so intent on answering a specific question that they lose sight of helping the inquirer toward the goal the question was thought to be helpful in reaching, or pick up on implied words by context and give wrong answers based on being literal and missing the actual question the OP intended to asked. It is worse when that person chastises others that try to help toward the OP's goal when they also don't have an answer that would be useful to the OP either. If that person wanted to help with getting the OP an answer to the specific question rather than help toward the goal the question was thought to help toward, assembling the list for the OP wouldn't take that long. Of course first the OP's count would need to be known for that to happen.
    You're utterly hopeless. He said that the particular chart he asked for would help him learn better. But, you can't take him at this word. You have to show him that he really doesn't want such a chart; he really wants to do it YOUR way. You're not trying to help anyone; you're just trying, as usual, to listen to yourself talk ... and talk ... and talk.

Don

Hello all,

TC +1
    double 9v2
    double A8v5

TC+2

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    It is sad when a person is so intent on answering a specific question that they lose sight of helping the inquirer toward the goal the question was thought to be helpful in reaching, or pick up on implied words by context and give wrong answers based on being literal and missing the actual question the OP intended to asked.
    Three, I interpreted the op post differently than you did. When he asked for any help that someone could provide, he was rather specific in that he only wanted help in the one area he was attempting. If his intent was something else, he should have said so in the first place.

Now you can whip it out for study while watching the monkeys in the circus.
    You're going to whip - what out?
    https://youtu.be/EYlDbv7MqE8

Hello all,

TC +1
    double 9v2
    double A8v5

TC+2

I have tried briefly the method you describe and I did not like that approach. The only thing I somewhat liked about it was you could test yourself by memory, writing them on paper as many as you could by each true count.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Don didn't appreciate your comments Three; when he was young phone numbers were only 5 digits long.
    Four digits for me. How about 927W. At least that is what I think it was, and you didn't dial. The operator would say number please.

And in the late 1960's we would have contests to see who could keep a directory assistance operator on the line the longest. We did this late at night and were usually drunk.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 01-28-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Hmmm. SCATCHING out the idea of ABM (short for Ace Ball Method). lol. I meant FBM ASC.
    I had to give that one a thumbs up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast