Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victor APC Indices

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Victor APC Indices

Good Afternoon All,

It's a pleasure to be part of the community. I signed up about 2 weeks ago. I've searched everywhere and cannot seem to find an answer to an index issue I'm having with regard to the Victor APC count. I'm looking for indices I can rely on, but do not have the software to produce them myself. I would be fine using an algebraic method if someone explained it simply enough for me to utilize. I am aware of two sets of indices for this count as follows:

1. Blackjack Forum Online - http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...ing_System.htm
    2. Blackjack Review Online - https://www.blackjackreview.com/wp/a...py/chapter-11/

The indices are quite different as you can see. My assumption is that version 1 is likely best, but the source does not reference the method of how the indices were generated, and the second one is all over the place with the explanation. Is someone available to generate indices by simulation? If not, or contrarily, if someone can adequately describe to me, in layman's terms, how to create my own using a algebraic formula I would be very much obliged.

Thank you in advance and keep that EV strong!

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

I'm hoping someone will be able to briefly describe how to properly handle this using algebraic approximation.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxstrong View Post
    I'm hoping someone will be able to briefly describe how to properly handle this using algebraic approximation.
    You can't. You either need to buy a BJ simulator like CVData or code a simulator yourself.

Banned or Suspended

HERE you are:

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/Victor_APC_Card_Counting_System.htm
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 01-23-2018 at 07:08 PM.

This is the same link I already posted above. I'm looking for a way to generate indices on my own, preferably via algebraic approximation.

This is the same link I already posted above. I'm looking for a way to generate indices on my own, preferably via algebraic approximation.
    Here is a program for generating indices that is based on Arnold Snyder's Algebraic Approximation Method.

SamCaseStrategyProgram.zip

If you want to do the calculation by hand:

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...algapprox.html
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-03-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Thank you. I downloaded the SamCaseStrategyProgram and unzipped the contents. Nothing seems to be working. The "Application" file, or example, will not open. Any suggestions?

Thank you. I downloaded the SamCaseStrategyProgram and unzipped the contents. Nothing seems to be working. The "Application" file, or example, will not open. Any suggestions?
    Try opening it with MSDOS make sure you have compatibility set to Windows XP.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-04-2018 at 05:29 PM.

This is way over my head unfortunately. Any way of putting this into Layman's terms?

It's a 16-bit application, it won't run on a 64 bit windows install(Much like Norm's Pai Gow Simulator). If u wish to use it you must run it on a 32 bit windows install. This could be accomplished through a 32 bit windows xp installation through a VM such as VirtualBox. Otherwise a normal fresh install or dualboot setup would suffice. I will leave u to google the specifics of this.

I'll do my best to figure this out. Thanks.

OP any news after using the count system + indices? Is it better than HILO? thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast