Thread: Card by card EOR and strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Card by card EOR and strategy

Hi Norm and everybody,

I'd like to input a set of blackjack rules and run a simulation to compute the overall EV of the game and a table of all the EVs of the different player actions (stand, hit, double, split, etc.) according to player totals vs. dealer card.

Then I'd like to remove a single card (say, a 9, or a 5) and re-run the simulation and see how the values change. And I'd like to do many re-simulations for different combinations of cards removed (removing, say, four 7s, five 5s, two Aces, and nine Tens) and seeing what happens.

I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, which qfit software is best for this.

Thanks for the help.

Banned or Suspended

Can you say "Combinatorial Analysis?"
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 01-23-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayparlour View Post
    Hi Norm and everybody,

I'd like to input a set of blackjack rules and run a simulation to compute the overall EV of the game and a table of all the EVs of the different player actions (stand, hit, double, split, etc.) according to player totals vs. dealer card.

Then I'd like to remove a single card (say, a 9, or a 5) and re-run the simulation and see how the values change. And I'd like to do many re-simulations for different combinations of cards removed (removing, say, four 7s, five 5s, two Aces, and nine Tens) and seeing what happens.

I was wondering if this is possible, and if so, which qfit software is best for this.

Thanks for the help.
    rayparlour,

The QFIT suite, while outstanding for many purposes, is not designed to perform this task easily.

However, one of our most distinguished posters, Eric Farmer, has generously made freely available his software that will do precisely this task.

Go to this website:

https://sites.google.com/site/erfarmer/downloads

and download "blackjack7.zip". Unzipping it will give you the executable file "blackjack7.exe" along with a text file describing its use.

I have used his software for years, and have found it to be extremely helpful.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Dog Hand,

Thank you for the info on Eric Farmer's software!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I've read up some more on the QFIT suite, and understand better its applications.

Regards.