See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buy-in optics

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    A bit impractical in for $200 rebuy when you want to make a big bet - or a super steamer.
    Just more reason to keep a chip inventory.

Banned or Suspended

I rarely cash out chips from a store that I visit more than monthly.

A chip or two makes the best buy-in of all. It makes you look like

someone who plays so often that, (in effect), he never leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    Just more reason to keep a chip inventory.
    Chip inventory certainly has its place, but sometimes..........
    It was my first visit to a new city. Had a true 12 heads up on a double deck. Time for the steamer act, and I had no chip inventory. Out came the cash.

Chip inventory certainly has its place, but sometimes..........
    It was my first visit to a new city. Had a true 12 heads up on a double deck. Time for the steamer act, and I had no chip inventory. Out came the cash.
    Well, yeah, obviously in that situation you had no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    I use a player's card so the buy in amount isn't a relevant matter. But the max bet and session win certainly are!
    This is my local, isolated store. Having been a few times having no card meant you really look out of place without a card. I’m not scruffy enough to cultivate a “uni-bomber off the grid persona” - too small a town. I will heed the ‘play anonymous’ when I have the chance to play elsewhere... the floor did confirm for me, as you note, that time played and average bet is the only thing they consider. But, I think the other advice that going into your pocket for “chase” money or chips is good cover and a huge buy-in would cause undue curiosity at least and unwanted attention at worst.

Do you care to elaborate on your thoughts about max bets and session wins, perhaps as a function of table limits, perceived choke points or what other criteria you use? Bearing in mind local play as opposed to hit and run play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Green View Post
    This is my local, isolated store. Having been a few times having no card meant you really look out of place without a card. I’m not scruffy enough to cultivate a “uni-bomber off the grid persona” - too small a town. I will heed the ‘play anonymous’ when I have the chance to play elsewhere... the floor did confirm for me, as you note, that time played and average bet is the only thing they consider. But, I think the other advice that going into your pocket for “chase” money or chips is good cover and a huge buy-in would cause undue curiosity at least and unwanted attention at worst.

Do you care to elaborate on your thoughts about max bets and session wins, perhaps as a function of table limits, perceived choke points or what other criteria you use? Bearing in mind local play as opposed to hit and run play.

I think it depends on the individual. As I said to 1 games manager - your goal us to lighten my wallet. My goal is to beat the crap out of you. Though we have opposing goals, there's nothing that says we can't have pleasant interaction during the joust.

I think house choke points will expand or contract depending on the individual. High class intelligent pleasant individuals, such as myself, who project a high net worth, who treats dealers and critters with kindness and respect (usually) get a extra slack. This 1 particular smallish store, I apologized to the GM, after taking them to the cleaners. On another occasion, having lost a bit, a significant win for the house, the critters thanked me as always for my play, made sure my to go coffee cup was filled. Certainly, I'm cognizant that the game will end sometime, but meanwhile.......

On the other hand, low class proclaimed slash and burn guys, like English Pig Dog, agonizing over every over bet, cursing every loss, oblivious to the concept of tip, blaming dealers and otherwise being a royal pain in the ass, have significantly lower slack levels, as in none, and will soon enough, face the fate of Haman. Biblical reference since English Pig Dog seems to get off on these things.

I think it depends on the individual. As I said to 1 games manager - your goal us to lighten my wallet. My goal is to beat the crap out of you. Though we have opposing goals, there's nothing that says we can't have pleasant interaction during the joust.

I think house choke points will expand or contract depending on the individual. High class intelligent pleasant individuals, such as myself, who project a high net worth, who treats dealers and critters with kindness and respect (usually) get a extra slack. This 1 particular smallish store, I apologized to the GM, after taking them to the cleaners. On another occasion, having lost a bit, a significant win for the house, the critters thanked me as always for my play, made sure my to go coffee cup was filled. Certainly, I'm cognizant that the game will end sometime, but meanwhile.......

On the other hand, low class proclaimed slash and burn guys, like English Pig Dog, agonizing over every over bet, cursing every loss, oblivious to the concept of tip, blaming dealers and otherwise being a royal pain in the ass, have significantly lower slack levels, as in none, and will soon enough, face the fate of Haman. Biblical reference since English Pig Dog seems to get off on these things.
    I’m more Mordechai than Haman.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Green View Post
    I’m more Mordechai than Haman.

As am I.

Forget a wallet, what you need is an indispensable part of any AP's wardrobe, the gambler's satchel.

Banned or Suspended

RedGreen is
    an M.O.T.
    If you are one you know what I am saying.

[quote=ZenMaster_Flash;238941]RedGreen is an M.O.T.
    If you are one you know what I am saying.[/quote]

At least 4 on this thread.

Master of Transparency? Lol! That’s not a minyan. I should investigate other forums....

“A gambler’s satchel”? Is that a bindle or a fanny pack? Don’t think I’d be let out of the house with either unless I’m getting Oscar Madison’d out the door!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    "At least 4 on this thread."

LOL I know > 4 M O T just among the most prolific posters.

moses is NOT one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast