See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: H17 LS 17vA Heat?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

H17 LS 17vA Heat?

From what I've read/simmed, surrendering 17vsA is extremely close in H17 shoe games. Technically it's correct to only surrender in lower counts but the gain is minute and the reduction in SD from just always surrendering it makes it a wash. Every time I've surrendered 17vA live the dealer pauses and confirms with me that I want to surrender the 17vA and I usually get some head turns from the rest of the table. Never seen anyone else surrender 17vA even though it's BS.

I'm wondering if this play is known to increase/decrease heat? I mean it certainly gets looks around the table but I'm more concerned with Pit/EITS. It seems whichever I decide (stand/surrender) I should probably do that consistently from a cover perspective?
    Last edited by sbrugby; 01-15-2018 at 08:07 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    IF it's close, then just stand.

Ah, playing two hands, insuring a 13 and a 17, dealer doesn't have it, then surrendering both. Good times.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

If the count is high enough to take insurance it is high enough to stay rather than surrender 17 v A

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I just stand on 17vA. When count is high you still stay anyway and it's not too costly to just always stand. You are supposed to hit in very negative counts. Even though this play is BS it does indeed get attention. If you never play the store then you might just do the right play but if it's a place you frequent then reducing attention drawn to yourself is of more importance. The sims showed not much is lost in just standing so I just made my approach simple. Always stand. YMMV
    Last edited by jimmybond007; 01-15-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    Technically it's correct to only surrender in higher counts
    No !
    With H17, Surrender is below +2

No !
    With H17, Surrender is below +2
    Oops, wrote that wrong . Ty. Knew it was a reverse index but wrote it wrong.

Ty @Philippe B, @jimmybond007, @Meistro123, @RS for the advice.