See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first successful 10-10 split against 5 at high TC!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    To put it simply, was the OP right or wrong to split ?
    I'm no expert on hi Opt, but it looks to me that he was light. He got lucky though.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Fact: I have never lost a hand splitting 10s. Admittedly, I have only done it a handful of times.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Hi Don.
    lol

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Flash
    Simplify your life. Consider the Freightman Ball Method Ace Side Count - for feel good play
    Like sisyphus you keep rolling that ball up the hill but the crushing gravity of its unfunniness will make it roll back down everytime

Does the ace adjustment method work on an 8 deck early in the shoe

So... I was wrong? -_-;

Dont think so...you should split tens just cause you can without heat

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    Dont think so...you should split tens just cause you can without heat
    No offence pig dog, but your reasoning is odiferously similar to pig shit.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    At least its not the same nauseating string of humour-free pigshit.
    And your lack of creativies' propensity for repetition would be better suited with an invective that would only be insulting if i was an aging muslim.

It is nice to know that the crusty maple leaf you use for pantiee is still in a twist

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    And he knows im kidding..he uses hi op2 which means he doesnt have the luxury of being slow on the uptake

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
    So... I was wrong? -_-;
    Yes you were, if I come close to understanding hi Opt indices. I'll comment using hi lo or halves indices - identical for this play. Flash commented well when he mentioned both Profit maximizing as well Risk averse indices.

For splitting 10's v 5, The index for profit maximizing is true 5. The index for risk averse is true 8. Long term gain for splits at true 5 capture a sliver over 50% of the expected value. Each increase in true count captures a higher percentage of the xoected value. At true 8, a hefty percentage if the expected value is realized.

What this means is as follows:
    1. You're going to have a shit load of variance at true 4. Because of the variance, it will have an impact on your max bet by means of reduced spread.
    2. Waiting for the risk averse index reduces variance because of the higher expected value to be realized, thus allowing a higher max bet.
    3. Though intuitively, splitting at true 4 makes more money, it is actually a falsehood. This is due to the higher max bet realized thru optimal ramping and higher max bet utilizing RA indices.

Last, but not least, splitting below index is dangerous and costly. You got lucky, but one lucky hand does not a bankroll make.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    At least its not the same nauseating string of humour-free pigshit.
    And your lack of creativies' propensity for repetition would be better suited with an invective that would only be insulting if i was an aging muslim.

It is nice to know that the crusty maple leaf you use for pantiee is still in a twist
    i do not consider you worthy of a response, however, you're aging Muslim comment needs to be addressed.

Pig Dog is not a Muslim reference. Henceforth, I shall refer to you as English Pig Dog. See link below which clarifies the origin.
    https://youtu.be/zLamh4uujns
    Last edited by Freightman; 01-12-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12