Thread: Early Surrender?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Early Surrender?

In ENHC game where surrender is available with a Dealer A showing, is that considered Early Surrender? Normally ES is described as "surrender before the dealer peeks", which is not possible in ENHC as there is nothing to peek at, other than the back side of the up card...

Thanks

RG

Yes it is considered early surrender, which really means you can surrender prior to knowing if the dealer will have a blackjack or not. More important than the technical definition is the advantage you get by not losing 100% of your bet to dealer's blackjacks.

Thank you, Banker - appreciate that.

Can anyone comment on the differences between https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/appendix/6/ for ES and CVBJ on this? It may be 'operator input error' on my part as I'm still newbie on CVBJ and CVCX, but when I ran a strategy chart (ENHC,H17, DAS, split up to 3x (4 hands), No RSA, 6 Deck) and selected ES (which is a check box) it came up with a more typical late surrender strategy. Btw, before you start salivating, this is for an online game - 'reset' after each hand (hard pressed to call it a "reshuffle"...). Was looking for a place to practice discipline which is hard to do with phoney money and drills (though I'm doing that to for counting and betting practice). As we know from recent threads, reigning in the gambler in oneself may be more important than ramping up quickly and spreading widely. And after a long life of gambling, I need to work on building up that discipline using some small stakes...and maybe churn a welcome bonus while I'm at it.

thanks

Select ES only activates the hands 5,6,7 (and removes 7-7)
    Included stratégies don't take ES in account.
    You have to put them yourself.

BTW, EV is -0.004% !
    Last edited by Phoebe; 01-10-2018 at 09:14 AM.

It is possible to have late surrender in a no hole card game, typically the procedure is they put something over your hand holding it until the dealer takes their card in which case if they get blackjack your surrender is revoked. But if they just give your your money right away and you can surrender against ace chances are you are playing early surrender. BS is to surrender everything hard hand except 8, 9, T and 11. 2,2 is a surrender in a H17 game but not a S17 game. You do not surrender soft hands.

In terms of index plays for early surrender there are some ones that anyone who has played an ES10 game should know, which is 13 v T @ +3, 17 v T @ +5, 12 v T @ +8 and 14 v T at +0 (hi lo). Does anyone know if there is a negative index to hit 15 v T or to split 8,8 v T instead of early surrender? Of course your vs 9 surrenders are not affected, they are the same for any late surrender game, +2 for 15 v 9, and hit 16 v 9 at -1 or below (I think). Surrender 14 v 9 at +6.

I don't know the vs A index plays unfortunately except 22 v A is a surrender at +1 in a S17 game AFAIK.

Meistro - what is “ES10”? Does your comment about surrendering all hard hands except 8-11 and 2/2 apply to the game I’ve described? If so, what is the source of the strategy as it’s rather different than the WOO link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ES 10 is early surrender against only ten (no surrender against ace). Early Surrendering all hard hands against ace except 8, 9, T and 11 (and 18+) is basic strategy.