Thread: Different felt-f strategy table in CVCX AND cvblackjack

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Different felt-f strategy table in CVCX AND cvblackjack

I'm really confused about such huge differences of felt-f strategy tables in cvcx,cvblackjack and norm's online book. Which one should i use in my simulation?Also, should i click no hole card option if i play OBO(no hole card only original bet lost)?

CVCX will show only the index tables for the default ruleset, SD S17, however the sim will run with the correct tables according to the options that are set. If you went to define/edit strategies for FELT-F in CVCX u could could view the "correct" indices for your strategy. The tables in CVBJ I've found to be most accurate relative to index gen sims I've run. Only major difference is 77v8 split which is shown as 5 for H17 multi-deck,which is EV maximizing, not Risk Averse(Risk Averse is split @ ~23 or never split according to my sims). Not sure if that index was an oversight or intentionally chosen over it's RA counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    CVCX will show only the index tables for the default ruleset, SD S17, however the sim will run with the correct tables according to the options that are set. If you went to define/edit strategies for FELT-F in CVCX u could could view the "correct" indices for your strategy. The tables in CVBJ I've found to be most accurate relative to index gen sims I've run. Only major difference is 77v8 split which is shown as 5 for H17 multi-deck,which is EV maximizing, not Risk Averse(Risk Averse is split @ ~23 or never split according to my sims). Not sure if that index was an oversight or intentionally chosen over it's RA counterpart.
    Thanks a lot.So no hole card(OBO) strategy is basically the same as US peek?I found this option in CVCX. By the way,I currently only play no hole card(only original bet lost) games.

I think OBO mostly just affects winrate(negatively), with minimal impact on playing/betting strategy. The main impact in your situation is that slightly more cards are dealt per round on average since the dealers Tens/Aces up are played out before determining a blackjack. So you'll burn through negative/neutral counts a little bit faster compared to American BJ (esp at a full table), and High true counts will get burned through a bit faster than that(since dealer BJ is more likely in high true counts). Could be entirely off base on that though.