See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Shoe blocking view of 1st base while @ 3rd

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Shoe blocking view of 1st base while @ 3rd

I don't make it a point to sit at third but often times when I do the dealer has the shoe positioned so that it blocks my view of first base's cards. I know the simple solution is to not sit @ 3rd base or get up and find another table but I was wondering if there's anything else I can do? Like asking the dealer "Hey my man, I want to root for my buddy at the other end but I can't root for cards when I can't see his hand. Mind pulling that shoe back a bit?". I feel like that would bring crazy heat though. It just seems weird that in all my reading I've never seen "blocked view of 1st base" as a possible downside to sitting at 3rd, so I feel like I'm missing something.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Highly unusual that a shoe would block the view. Would it be blocked with all dealers, or just a particular uncoordinated clutz.

That being said, I don't like 3rd or anchor, because they're too many dealers swooping cards in 1 motion on a bust at first, blocking the bust card from a view - not an issue if the guy busts on 12, but you get the point.

I usually sit in the middle or so.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Ask for a booster chair.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Ask for a booster chair.
    Lol!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Ask for a booster chair.
    Absolutely not. Interferes with the Freightman Ball Method Ace Side Count.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Taking hands out of pocket, I say "What's wrong with this fucking table? I can't see first base's cards!" That's how I would handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Plus they might see you're nuts!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lENb6OzabPs
    Excellent analogy. Further, I noted as follows.
    She had 2 hard cold 45's. She also had a gun.

Highly unusual that a shoe would block the view. Would it be blocked with all dealers, or just a particular uncoordinated clutz.
    I think most do it at this joint, but it seems it would be particularly awkward to deal to first base with the shoe like this so I can only assume it's intentional?

"What's wrong with this fucking table? I can't see first base's cards!"
    Not sure if this is serious or not? I mean it's what I want to say. Is calling the seats first/third base something ploppies do?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post

Not sure if this is serious or not? I mean it's what I want to say. Is calling the seats first/third base something ploppies do?
    Not really serious. Simply a side thread discussing particular issues surrounding the FBM ASC, or for those poorly informed, Freightman Ball Method Ace Side Count.

Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    I mean it's what I want to say
    So say it, Ploppy's use 1st/3rd base, although I have heard people get it backwards on occasion.

So say it, Ploppy's use 1st/3rd base, although I have heard people get it backwards on occasion.
    Don't forget centerfield/shortstop.