See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Ruling from the Pit Boss

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Ruling from the Pit Boss

I'm new to blackjack and card counting. I have a question about a ruling.

I have my minimum bet out, and I'm seated at third base. My first card is a 3. The dealer takes his first card face down. My second card should have been another 3, but the dealer mistakenly pitched the card to himself. This left me with only one card.

So, I have a 3, and the dealer is showing a 3. The dealer calls the pit boss over. The ruling is that the dealer keeps the card. The pit boss offers anyone in the hand to pull their money back.

The person on first base had a 14, and pulled his money back.
    The person in centerfield had a 15, and pulled his money back.

I decided to continue playing the hand. I'm just curious, would this be the typical ruling?

Quote Originally Posted by Yule View Post

I have my minimum bet out, and I'm seated at third base. My first card is a 3. The dealer takes his first card face down. My second card should have been another 3, but the dealer mistakenly pitched the card to himself. This left me with only one card.

So, I have a 3, and the dealer is showing a 3. The dealer calls the pit boss over. The ruling is that the dealer keeps the card. The pit boss offers anyone in the hand to pull their money back.

I decided to continue playing the hand. I'm just curious, would this be the typical ruling?

Yeah, it's pretty typical.

Look at the bright side. Take a hit, you're guaranteed not to bust. Or, you'll likely make BJ history, by being the first to pass a hard 3.

You know you've played this game to long when you combine BJ history and hard 3 in the same sentence.

I remember a similar situation, though I can't remember the specific issue. Everyone pulled back, except me with a $100 bet, my hard 19 v dealer 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Yule View Post

You didn't say what your second card was. However, if you had to decide with only one card I would also have dropped out. You had a potentially stiff hand.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    No place will back the card off the dealers hand. This is the typical ruling where I play. Some might give you a second card before you have to decide but that is a bonus. You should have taken your bet back. Only play one card if it is a T or A.
    Hmmm. You wouldn't want to start with a lone 9 or 8 vs. the dealer's 3?? You might want to reconsider that advice.

Don

That's typical around here. Dealer makes a mistake with where the cards go, people are allowed to back out of the hand, and the game continues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk