See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Level 1 count versus Level 2 count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I thought you can just write down on a notepad how many aces cane out

Thanks Freightman. Interesting technique, but I can see where I could easily lose count at about 15 aces in a 2 deck game. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Pretend you have tourette syndrome only say a cuss word that starts with the same letter as the number.
    Easier to consider a number, and say a word corresponding to its position in the alphabet.

Example
    Douchebag=4

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I classify levels by how each rank is counted. The 7 rank is counted at half the other low ranks in red 7. I mostly worry about comparing systems by complexity and performance. If you want to classify them by count tag halves is a level 1.5 and not a level 3. You see the error of your ways? With red 7 all low ranks are not counted the same. For me it would be easier and more accurate to count it as one tag for all the sevens than trying to count only some sevens. What is the seven rank counted as in red 7? The rank has two count tags that approximates counting that rank as +0.5.
    Okay, so you assess counts on your criteria vs accepted practice. So what.

Quote Originally Posted by winnawinna View Post
    The Red 7 count is a level one count according to Snyder. You can count all sevens as .5 as well. Perhaps that’s why threee means. That actually is better by a small fraction. You can also “true edge” the count. I’ve been using this system for several years now and I like its ease of use. I do however want to go up to the HIOPT2.
    Wait!! There is a difference. If you count all sevens as .5 your BC would be higher than counting every other sevens, every red 7s or every black 7s.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    It is misleading to call red7 a level 1 count. The 7 rank is counted at half the other ranks. It is pretty simple. Probably the only one that would want to classify it as a level 1 count would be its creator as this gives the illusion it is easy. I can do just about any count no problem but only counting some of one rank would prove to cause errors for me. Maybe not as many errors as a count so easy my mind constantly wanders but errors none the less.
    Maybe it's to simple for you. Maybe you should try a combo hi opt 2 with a side lineal count for other types of decisions. Plus we will add in various card groupings fir more fun.

For better effectivness, consider switching the hi opt 2 component to halves.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Wait!! There is a difference. If you count all sevens as .5 your BC would be higher than counting every other sevens, every red 7s or every black 7s.
    Yes, that's right. There is more accuracy to counting all 7s as 0.5 than there is to counting red sevens. That's why the latter is a level-1 count but the former is level-2.

Don

Been through the OP a few times, twice, after losing streaks, I questioned my HiLo count. Some pros on this forum seemed to suggest a higher level counts but, luckily, pros on two other forums suggested keeping HiLo, examining other aspects of my game. It led to being more selective in games I played, conditions I played under (example, no more than 2 other players at DD), optimal betting (I was under betting), and more. Bottomline, I have become better, had more success without changing count. Despite playing mistakes I still make, my BR crossed $60k this month.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Been through the OP a few times, twice, after losing streaks, I questioned my HiLo count. Some pros on this forum seemed to suggest a higher level counts but, luckily, pros on two other forums suggested keeping HiLo, examining other aspects of my game. It led to being more selective in games I played, conditions I played under (example, no more than 2 other players at DD), optimal betting (I was under betting), and more. Bottomline, I have become better, had more success without changing count. Despite playing mistakes I still make, my BR crossed $60k this month.
    Counting mistakes lead to betting and playing errors.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Counting mistakes lead to betting and playing errors.
    I did not say counting mistakes, I said playing mistakes, mistakes such as maybe not doubling A,8 or doubling instead of splitting 4's, or not splitting 10's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by winnawinna View Post
    While doing some SIMS today I noticed that when comparing the Red 7 count to the Hi Opt 2 count, HiOpt2 only narrowly edges out the Red 7. I was under the assumption that a level 2 count was better than a level one count. I have been using a Level 1 count for 7 years now and I have had great success with it. Lately I have been thinking of going to HiOpt2 or the Zen count but with little advantage, I am rethinking it. Any thoughts? I usually play shoe games with 75-85% pen, 1-8 spread, S17, DAS LS and I usually play 2 hands in a play-all situation. I have a replenishable BR so ROR isn't that big of concern?
    I would say Level 2 systems are lot better than level 1. After playing level 2 system for last 4 months, I find variance is comparatively low, I assume this is because during error in counting, the impact of variance against you, at high count is more in level 1 system. I wish, I started level 2 system from the beginning.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by priybrat View Post
    After playing level 2 system for last 4 months, I find variance is comparatively low, I assume this is because during error in counting, the impact of variance against you, at high count is more in level 1 system.
    Are you serious? If your count is off, how the hell is the level 2 count going to soften the impact of variance, please explain?

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    All of you guys seem to want to get people to accept whatever opinion you have regarding who has the biggest whatever.

My advice is to select the count most suited to your style of play and then be excellent at whatever count you use. There is a cost associated with learning and maintaining each of the counts and that cost is not equal. Selecting the most difficult (math best?) count as a periodic weekend warrior is not likely a good decision. A lone wolf player (Pro!) should use the best system he can find that fits the games he plays and eek out every ounce of advantage in both count systems and indexes. We should counsel new players that the path to Pro should include a step wise progression through some simpler count. There is as much to learn about AP beside counting and walking before you run supports that needed experience.

The absolute nature of many responses in these never ending "which count" threads is not really helpful to the OP.

Another IMHO, contrary opinions are expected and welcomed.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast