See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What constitutes "Perfect Play"?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I never said they could, but do they have to prove it? Read your agreement.
    I never read the agreement, do you think that they will follow the T&C ? That's why I will NOT follow the agreement and use perfect strategy to teach them a lesson !

Correct me if im mistaken but isnt the "playing efficiency" of every count simply the percentage of what is acheivable by perfect play?
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    PE was originally defined with the constraints that 70 variations associated with hard totals 10-16 and insurance were used in a single deck game with 20 cards left. Keep in mind that the IBM 704 was slower than playing tag on the moon.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    PE was originally defined with the constraints that 70 variations associated with hard totals 10-16 and insurance were used in a single deck game with 20 cards left. Keep in mind that the IBM 704 was slower than playing tag on the moon.
    Would that mean a new definition of PE will need to be found?
    What specific mathematics would be involved?

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    This forum is becoming intolerable.
    -1__This_became_the_BEST_current_thread_on_the_subje ct_of_PP.
    It_became_such_when_the_redoubtable_ERIC_FARMER_jo ined_us!
    His_post_actually_taught_me_something_and_I_am_tru ly_grateful.

Sorry,_but_my_shift_key_just_decided_to_betray_me!

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Is it not bad enough that there are now, what, THREE separate threads on this same topic, all asking the same questions? This forum is becoming intolerable.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    If memory serves me correctly this is a blackjack forum. Seems whenever i have a question, Im forced to deal with you two assholes. One had yet to play one hand live and the other for years. Both appear to be one in the same.

Now, in my terms, Ive found that standing at 67% and up is an advantage move. Hitting up to 58% is standard. But between 58% and 65% is a quagmire.

So I was seeing if real players like Bosox, T3, and Freighter were doing anything extra. Like Feighter and Bosox theory on 16vs10 paints a much clearer picture.
    Strictly as an answer as to what I do on 2 card 16v10.

My standard game is 6d ES10.
    I usually surrender, up to true -2 if someone is watching. I never stand. I will hit with a heavy negative count, which implies an ace deficit.

If the game is no surrender, I will do what the index tells me to do. The following points are germane. I'm losing 1/3 of my EV due to no surrender. There are far to many 16 v 10 hands to always stand (for cover). I'll simply act the fool and do what's best.

I make allowances either way for certain configurations.

I recognize that I have a far higher spread to work with than Moses, which means, essentially, that Moses has to be a lot tighter with his decisions.

Edited to clarify 2 card 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Strictly as an answer as to what I do on 2 card 16v10.

My standard game is 6d ES10.
    I usually surrender, up to true -2 if someone is watching. I never stand. I will hit with a heavy negative count, which implies an ace deficit.
    I recall a particular hand in an ES10 game of 88v10, with a heavy negative count. Had I known in advance that this would turn into a max split, I would have surrendered. I ended up with 18's and 19's v dealer 17. Nice things happen to nice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post

Are you saying to consider standing if it's a 3 card hand at high TC?

Yes, from o upwards for 3 or more card 16. One exception, thanks to Don S for pointing this out. Any multi card 16 incorporating a 6. He challenged me to reason it out, and so, I pass the gauntlet.

Is there a negative index for hitting (instead of early surrendering) 15 v T or splitting (instead of early surrendering) 88 v T? I guess it would make sense that there is given that 14 v T is so sensitive.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I stand on 16v10 at 69.5%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Is there a negative index for hitting (instead of early surrendering) 15 v T or splitting (instead of early surrendering) 88 v T? I guess it would make sense that there is given that 14 v T is so sensitive.
    15 v 10 early surrender is minus 2 or 3, depending on publisher of indices. 16 v 10 (not 88), is around minus 5 (I will hit there) and 88 is around minus 2.

14 v 10 is Early surrender at true 0. I hit single units which is a very low cost error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12