See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Opt II

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    It's not worth doing. Perhaps by reading this you will understand the concept-

https://www.blackjackreview.com/wp/a...s/brh-systems/
    BRH is a good card counting system. I don't want to contradict ZenMaster_Flash since he thinks that unbalanced counts are unless.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Are you asking or you telling us that UBZ 2 is a bad count? You recommended UBZ 2 for double deck games.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I don't understand why you can't pay your bills playing the Zen count.
    You can. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    However, your answer may help clear some of the fog for the OP.
    I would direct the OP to Posts 2,4,12,17,25. I'm sure Flash would concur. Included in the wealth of reference Provided, is information on the much lauded ball method of side counting aces.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    But Ryemo. You are leaving 30% on the table by not jumping to Hi Opt II. You are a hard working guy. Life on the road is not easy. Time away from family is not fun. But if you can make $50k for every $35k earned just by counting. Why would you pass this up? Of course, Im joking with you. However, your answer may help clear some of the fog for the OP.
    The 30% I think it is an over exaggeration unless he is talking about pitch games. I would believe it if he is saying 6-15% but 30% I don't think so. Even in pitch games it is hard to get an increase of more than 22%.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    The 30% I think it is an over exaggeration unless he is talking about pitch games. I would believe it if he is saying 6-15% but 30% I don't think so. Even in pitch games it is hard to get an increase of more than 22%.
    Puffery is allowed, where necessary, to make a point. Judge Judy says so.

I know what I'm saying on the whole issue but, I think it's best to learn the system with which you are most comfortable. I realize that not everyone is better at HiOPT II w/ASC but if someone will be more comfortable with that then learn it. I don't see that the different tag values are that hard to do: +2 -2 -1, etc. I've been trying to learn HiOPT II and it IS a brain buster! But I think the big problem is re-training your brain for the different tags and especially keeping a side count, which you could do with foot positions on esp. SD. Furthermore if you are going to play SD and DD then I'd learn HiOPT II ASC. I think you can up your EV by 10% or something: correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure you will.

But I would say learn it if you want to and good luck!
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    I know what I'm saying on the whole issue but, I think it's best to learn the system with which you are most comfortable. I realize that not everyone is better at HiOPT II w/ASC but if someone will be more comfortable with that then learn it. I don't see that the different tag values are that hard to do: +2 -2 -1, etc. I've been trying to learn HiOPT II and it IS a brain buster! But I think the big problem is re-training your brain for the different tags and especially keeping a side count, which you could do with foot positions on esp. SD. Furthermore if you are going to play SD and DD then I'd learn HiOPT II ASC. I think you can up your EV by 10% or something: correct me if I'm wrong, which I'm sure you will.

But I would say learn it if you want to and good luck!
    The tags are easy. It's the asc 1/4 deck resolution that gets them.

Halves is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The tags are easy. It's the asc 1/4 deck resolution that gets them.

Halves is much easier.

I have my deck estimations down to +-1 card. I believe if you are going to play it right then play it right. Actually without the ASC HiOPTII is only as good as HiOPT I or any other L2 system.

And what I mean is the counting or counting down of a SD gets harder.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    I have my deck estimations down to +-1 card. I believe if you are going to play it right then play it right. Actually without the ASC HiOPTII is only as good as HiOPT I or any other L2 system.

And what I mean is the counting or counting down of a SD gets harder.

Without asc, hi opt 2 is dwarfed by ho lo. I would describe it as really shitty (an industry term)

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Without asc, hi opt 2 is dwarfed by ho lo. I would describe it as really shitty (an industry term)
    From what I've read HiLo does not dwarf a L2 count. Anyways.........

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Start side counting aces with the count you are currently using. The side count is the hardest part and takes some time for your brain to start doing accurately.

Once you can keep an accurate ace count, then start practicing the hiopt2 tags. This is the easy part.

After being able to keep an accurate running count with ASC comes the second hard part: true counting. Strive for at least half deck estimation in shoes and quarter deck in pitch.

Once you have all that down, learn a bunch of indices. Don't stop at 18. It's a powerful playing count, use it.

Happy studying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast