See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Opt II

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    I figured i would use chips or something to keep track of the ASC so that wouldnt take much effort.
    Oh brother, talk about a giveaway. If you must use chips, then use 1.00 and .50 chips shuffling. Or, use the ball method.

Place bet right hand. Left hand in pocket. First ace put 1 finger on left nut, 2nd ace 2 fingers, up to 4 fingers, then switch hands. After 8 aces, start shuffling chips. You don't need holes in your pockets to make this work. If anyone asks you what you're doing, just play coy.

Haven't tried it myself - seems to have some merit.

I cannot play many hours a month, so my thought was I really want to make them count when I can play. I figured i would use chips or something to keep track of the ASC so that wouldnt take much effort. The reality is I'm probably just best off sticking to what I know, and using my little bit of extra brain power for putting on a good cover act, or learn more B.S. deviations.
    HiOpt2 with ASC is not as difficult as you think. It takes time to learn ,and more time to practice to do it well. I also play mostly 2D. I play infrequently and consider myself an amateur PA. I practice for 8-10 hours before each trip (1-3 trips/year and can keep RC, TC, & ASC adequately well. One caveat; I use only induces from -8 to +8.

Sorry about the missing words. My first time with Taptalk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 21frogman; 12-15-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post

Freighter. If I remember correctly you jumped from a level 1 to 3? How long did it take to get to where you automatically saw the 5 as 1.5?

?
    From hi lo to halves.
    Don't recall exactly, but it wasn't long to count accurately. Switched to halves in May 2008. My father passed away in June 2008, and the June play stat is etched into my mind. 19 hours play time with 1k winnings. It was by far my best month in my brief career to that point, both in revenue as well as $per hour. but it was a tough month.

Banned or Suspended

To varying degrees, we are all skilled at learning.

It will take as long as needed to learn Hi-Opt II.

Probably the range is from 8 hours to 14 days.

Your mileage, my mileage, and everyone else's

mileage will vary considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    My moniker, ZenMaster_Flash, was derived from my earliest years
    as a Professional Player. I soon learned that while ZEN was a good
    count, if "my skills were to pay the bills" I needed to move up to the
    best practical count available ~ Hi-Opt II.

So ... for > 20 years I have been mentoring those acolytes who want
    to play with power and accuracy.
    I don't understand why you can't pay your bills playing the Zen count.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I know hi lo players doing quite well. Zen count is well regarded. Time and time again - judgement is the key.

To varying degrees, we are all skilled at learning.

It will take as long as needed to learn Hi-Opt II.

Probably the range is from 8 hours to 14 days.

Your mileage, my mileage, and everyone else's

mileage will vary considerably.
    If a player is desperate he/she could improve the Zen count to perform on SCORE value with the HI-OPT II/ASC. One was to do it is side count with the Zen count.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

"... because even a [lower] middle-class existence requires
    fairly substantial income. I could not live comfortably on
    $35,000 a year, but could do so
    on $50,000. How can this be
    hard to fathom? The stronger
    counts generate greater winnings
    on the same bankroll; with less RISK and a lower frequency of
    backoffs.

Banned or Suspended

If a player is desperate he/she could improve the Zen count to perform on SCORE
    value with the HI-OPT II/ASC. One was to do it is side count with the Zen count
    Desperation?

Are you implying that only the desperate want to improve their play?

The statement above is patently FALSE. The ZEN Count tags Aces at half-value.
    It also weighs the tag for the six (6) at two (+2) when it should be one (+1) to
    keep it closely correlated to the EOR. Note: The E.O.R. for the six (6) and three
    (3) are nearly identical. An important distinction. Thus the P.E. and I.C. for the
    ZEN Count suffers ~ in comparison to Hi-Opt II.

Flash said
    "ZEN Count suffers ~ in comparison to Hi-Opt II."

Didn't you mean halves with asc?

Desperation?

Are you implying that only the desperate want to improve their play?

The statement above is patently FALSE. The ZEN Count tags Aces at half-value.
    It also weighs the tag for the six (6) at two (+2) when it should be one (+1) to
    keep it closely correlated to the EOR. Note: The E.O.R. for the six (6) and three
    (3) are nearly identical. An important distinction. Thus the P.E. and I.C. for the
    ZEN Count suffers ~ in comparison to Hi-Opt II.

Well, then you need to do some side counting to improve the Zen count. To improve the IC you side count the 8s and 9s assigning them +2. To make the side count adjustment you add the two count together. Convert the running count to true count and use that for all insurance decisions. By doing that you would raise your insurance correlation from .84 to .89. Counting the aces as -1 is almost as effective as eliminating the aces and counting it separately because half-value is assigned to the ace. This make up for the reduction in advantage that occurs when counting the aces completely.

I have been using a unbalance level one system for years, and I think it is worth the effort to learn a better system since i almost exclusively play double deck
    It's not worth doing. Perhaps by reading this you will understand the concept-

https://www.blackjackreview.com/wp/a...s/brh-systems/
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 12-15-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    If you aren't strong on all of these, being perfect won't get the gain the simulator indicates you should get. With an ace compromise count you don't need to side count so only the change to level 2 counting skills is required, which is a given if you plan to upgrade anyway. Of course you can use a level 3 ace reckoned count like Halves but that is a different can of worms. I would suggest you try level 2 counting first since the card cancelations aren't as complicated.
    You can also use a non-reckoned Level3 like VAPC or this beast (2233210-1-3(3)that ive just about mastered in 4 weeks time..
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast