See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on 6 decks, splitting 8's and analyzing ...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    The answer to any question on how to play a hand when counting boils down to "follow the index, unless it will bring you heat" and "if you don't know the index, use basic strategy". With this knowledge now under your belt, you never need to ask the forum again about how to play a hand.
    But we know he will. Not only will he ask again, he'll word it differently and ask probably 3 more times in the next couple years.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    But we know he will. Not only will he ask again, he'll word it differently and ask probably 3 more times in the next couple years.
    BJ is like my car or appliances I have at home. I can use them but when I have a question, I ask. Sure, I can read the manual or see YouTube videos but I prefer to ask others for help.

Different people have different learning styles. I learn by asking questions, sometimes several times. Others prefer to research answers or get themselves a library. I had high school teachers, college professors, parents and friends who were always happy to answer my questions and that became my learning style.

Moreover, it is amusing to see supposedly disciplined pros unable to control themselves from reading a post I make or reading any response I make and attacking me. Like bees to honey, they come to my threads.

There are others that most of you admire or have learned much from but you did not learn or have not noticed that they have the self discipline to ignore posts and only answer occasionally, never-ending the need to jump on a poster every time he posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I had high school teachers, college professors, parents and friends who were always happy to answer my questions and that became my learning style.
    A college degree says that you can learn anything by being given reference material to teach yourself with. You would not have passed some of the classes I tok because the professors wanted you to get one thing out of their class, teaching yourself from reference material. Anything discussed in class would not be on the test. I figured that out pretty quick and if I ever wanted to make sure something wasn't on the test I would ask about it in class.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Excellent point Zee. Patience and discipline are two areas where I take great pride. It's not the game I bet that leads to success it's the marginal one I avoided. It wasn't the two hands I won at max that made the difference. It was the marginal one prior that allowed more small cards to come out that made the difference. However, I've learned that along with P and D comes boredom.

I've come along way in regard to your posts. But if I'm writing this, obviously I've been duped again and am not quite there yet. You do have an amazing gift of drawing bees to honey. I'm just not sure the art of pissing people off is a worthwhile goal.

But it is amusing. My friends will often say during a boring game. What did Zee say today? You're a rock star.

Zee is good for business. He drives traffic. What's especially loveable is his ability to deflect his inadequacies and infer callousness on those directing the "learn to fish" concept, hopefully enuring to his benefit.

Alas, to no avail. He sees not, he learns not, creatively word changing his questions, regurgitating his oratorical commentary on a periodic basis - akin to acid reflux. Clearly, I have been caught in the vortex of response catering to his whimsical fantasies if blackjack mediocrity.

I could go on regaling his positive attributes, however - it's time to scratch my balls.

Very eloquent, Freighter!

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Very eloquent, Freighter!
    Especially the last 6 words.
    You'll see my post in another thread inquiring WHEATHER a poster was inquiring between the Ridiculous 18, and the Illustrious 18. Perhaps you may find it worthwhile to comment

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You'll see my post in another thread inquiring WHEATHER a poster was inquiring between the Ridiculous 18, and the Illustrious 18. Perhaps you may find it worthwhile to comment
    Yes, I'd like to comment. WEATHER is when it rains or snows. WHETHER introduces an alternative. Can you try not to combine the two into your own private word. :-)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Yes, I'd like to comment. WEATHER is when it rains or snows. WHETHER introduces an alternative. Can you try not to combine the two into your own private word. :-)

Don
    1. Canadian version
    2. Auto corrects to Caps, probably from some old post. Pain in the ass, but that's the way it goes
    3. Not to worry, it's okay - see BJA3, Freightman's Intro

R18 referred to the revisited I18. It helps to look at the links provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    R18 referred to the revisited I18. It helps to look at the links provided.
    I don't give a shit about the links provided, since I had absolutely no interest in them. I was referring to a far more important topic, that being the philosophical and play differences between the R18 (ridiculous 18) and the I18 (illustrious 18), as clearly enunciated a couple of years back.

The inhouse resident expert on the Ridiculous 18, 21forme, may be induced to regale us with his previously published thoughts in this regard.

Careful now, else I make fun.

Read the other thread first. no need to answer my question now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    The answer to any question on how to play a hand when counting boils down to "follow the index, unless it will bring you heat" and "if you don't know the index, use basic strategy". With this knowledge now under your belt, you never need to ask the forum again about how to play a hand.
    I think you're suggesting that he kearn how to fish. How novel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12