See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What about this card counting strategy?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    By the way, what is the consequence of having the system that is "unbalanced" that means there are more "low", positive cards in the count than there otherwise would have been. Won't that mean one should just wait for the count to get a little higher before one starts to ramp up one's betting?

Thanks so much everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    And a new system is born - the Black 8

LOL! I wan't partial credit.

Seriousplayer, what is an IRC? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
    LOL! I wan't partial credit.

Seriousplayer, what is an IRC? Thanks!
    IRC is the initial running count. It is where your count starts off at. For balanced count the IRC is 0 but for unbalanced count the IRC is usually negative.

Got it seriousplayer. So if I took the Silver Fox, which is a balanced count I believe, and made 8s a positive 1, then I believe my IRC would be negative 4 for each deck in the shoe? Sound right? Thanks!

By the way, what is the consequence of having the system that is "unbalanced" that means there are more "low", positive cards in the count than there otherwise would have been. Won't that mean one should just wait for the count to get a little higher before one starts to ramp up one's betting?

Thanks so much everyone!
    Using an unbalanced count minimize the need to maintain a true count. Betting could be based on the running count instead of the true count.

Got it seriousplayer. So if I took the Silver Fox, which is a balanced count I believe, and made 8s a positive 1, then I believe my IRC would be negative 4 for each deck in the shoe? Sound right? Thanks!
    Yes, in the Black 8 the IRC could be -2 instead of -4 because you are counting only two 8s instead of all four 8s. Either all red 8s or all black 8s. Counting half the 8s make you BC more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Using an unbalanced count minimize the need to maintain a true count. Betting could be based on the running count instead of the true count.
    I can see it now. True count black 8, otherwise known as TCB8.
    An evolution of the Black 8.

So, if you just make the +8 a +1, now you only have two buckets, -1 and +1, not 3 because you have no zero. Two buckets instead of three would seem to make it easier in and of itself.
    What you did was make a card you ignore altogether and make you have to be concerned about it. That doesn't make your job easier. Taking the concept to the extreme you have the easiest count I am aware of, the A/5 out. You ignore all cards except the ace and 5. So counting down a deck goes from counting 52 cards if you count them all to 8 cards.
    And it seems to me just making a count of every card that comes out is easier than trying to determine which one is a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.
    You still have to determine which card is a 2-8 and which are a 9-A. That is accounting for every card. Neutral cards are not even noticed once you are proficient at your count. One day you will get there with a count and understand. You don't even think anymore. The count just happens in your head without conscious effort.
    Seems to me it would be a lot easier without giving up much.
    Everyone is different. Do what is easiest for you. Or develop the skills to do what doesn't seem easy yet if the effort is worth it. It usually is at some point. You can't have too many skills. I think most would find your statement that eliminating neutral cards makes counting easier to ridiculous. But they aren't you.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    "Using an unbalanced count minimize the need to maintain a true count.
    Betting could be based on the running count instead of the true count."
    Try living up to your eponymous nick' and be 'serious.'

"Minimizing effort" must not be your goal. Both betting
    and
    playing suffers in accuracy in all unbalanced counts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Try living up to your eponymous nick' and be 'serious.'

"Minimizing effort" must not be your goal. Both betting
    and
    playing suffers in accuracy in all unbalanced counts.
    There are ways to correct the betting and playing in all unbalanced counts. This is call thinking outside of the box. The count system of choice doesn't always have to be Hi-OPT II with side count of aces. One way to correct betting in an unbalanced count is to true fudge the betting and playing. The second way to correct betting and playing in an unbalanced count system is to side count. With side count you can fix the overbetting and underbetting situations in count systems like KO but also with true fudging.Adding side count to fix the betting and playing for some unbalanced counts can outperforms balanced counts. I have done a lot of simulations on my end to check on this fact.
    You can also true count unbalanced count without even doing division at all. All you need to do is convert the true count to running count for each individual half decks or quarter decks for both betting and playing. Memorize the numbers for running count correspondence in running count for betting and playing. You don't even have to do division. It is almost the same as using the count in true count mode.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-07-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12