See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What about this card counting strategy?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What about this card counting strategy?

I noticed several of the level one systems are very similar. HiLo, REKO, Silver Fox. They all have either +1, -1, or 0 for each card. The betting correlation all seem pretty consistent/high. I noticed the only 0 that Silver Fox has is for 8. To make it simpler, what if I just made 8 +1?. That way when you are counting the cards, you can just have two bins, and can consider every 2 hand +2 except to the extent you see a 9/10 card/Ace. Presumably that won't make the count, now simplified, that much worse since other systems seem to deal with those middle cards differently in any event, and all are still very good. Thoughts? Sorry if this gets asked a lot, I'm definately a rookie.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
    I noticed several of the level one systems are very similar. HiLo, REKO, Silver Fox. They all have either +1, -1, or 0 for each card. The betting correlation all seem pretty consistent/high. I noticed the only 0 that Silver Fox has is for 8. To make it simpler, what if I just made 8 +1?. That way when you are counting the cards, you can just have two bins, and can consider every 2 hand +2 except to the extent you see a 9/10 card/Ace. Presumably that won't make the count, now simplified, that much worse since other systems seem to deal with those middle cards differently in any event, and all are still very good. Thoughts? Sorry if this gets asked a lot, I'm definately a rookie.

Thanks!
    The effect of removal for a card remove from a single deck game is

A=-.61
    2=.38
    3=.44
    4=.55
    5=.69
    6=.46
    7=.28
    8=0
    9=-.18
    T=-.51

removing an 8 from the deck doesn't change the odds against us. Card counting are created based on the EOR principle. Assigning a value of +1 to 8 is not a good idea. To answer your question make the 8 +1 would drop the BC to .93, PE to .54 and IC will increase to .72 these numbers are rounded.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-02-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Saltynuts

Study stronger counts, e.g. Hi-Opt II

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    removing an 8 from the deck doesn't change the odds against us. Card counting are created based on the EOR principle. Assigning a value of +1 to 8 is not a good idea. To answer your question make the 8 +1 would drop the BC to .93, PE to .54 and IC will increase to .72 these numbers are rounded.
    Thanks seriousplayer. So, lets's look at that and compare to Silver Fox. Silver Fox is .96, .53 and .69 per this site: https://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm Isn't that not giving up much at all, to make the count simpler? And one side benefit is it might confuse the security more since it would be a system no one (presumably) or almost no one uses. Side note - what is EOR?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Wong Halves. Perfect Insurance.
    I am interested in what Perfect Insurance count you use moses. If you want to share.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Saltynuts

Study stronger counts, e.g. Hi-Opt II

Thanks zenmaster. Question. Per this site: https://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm Hi-Opt II is .91, .67, .91. Silverfox is .96, .53, .69. Zen, still level 1, is .96, .63, .85. Isn't the first number the most important? I must admit I don't understand the second number. But based on these numbers how are the more complex counts that much better? I'm sure I'm misssing something obvious. Thanks!

Thanks seriousplayer. So, lets's look at that and compare to Silver Fox. Silver Fox is .96, .53 and .69 per this site: https://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm Isn't that not giving up much at all, to make the count simpler? And one side benefit is it might confuse the security more since it would be a system no one (presumably) or almost no one uses. Side note - what is EOR?

Thanks!
    Silver Fox

A= -1
    1= 1
    2= 1
    3= 1
    4= 1
    5= 1
    6= 1
    7= 1
    8= 0
    9 = -1
    T = -1

BC = .96, PE = .53, IC =.69

Silver Fox with 8 assigned as +1

A= -1
    1= 1
    2= 1
    3= 1
    4= 1
    5= 1
    6= 1
    7= 1
    8= 1
    9 = -1
    T = -1

BC = .93, PE =.54 IC =.72 all rounded

But if you are looking to side count 8s the BC, PE and IC would be different from you first post you were trying to make 8 as +1.

EOR is abbreviated as "effect of removal". Effect of removal is the mathematical impact of removing a single card from a deck of cards. How removing the single card would affect your advantage.

If you don't understand what BC, PE and IC are below is the definition.

BC is abbreviated of "Betting Correlation". Betting correlation in a card counting system calculates approximately the advantage the players have to increase and decrease their bet.

PE stands for Playing Effeciency". Playing efficiency calculates how closely a card counting system react to deviation from basic strategy.

IC is Insurance Correlation. Insurance Correlation show how accurate it is to bet on insurance.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-03-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Silver Fox

A= -1
    1= 1
    2= 1
    3= 1
    4= 1
    5= 1
    6= 1
    7= 1
    8= 0
    9 = -1
    T = -1

BC = .96, PE = .53, IC =.69

Silver Fox with 8 assigned as +1

A= -1
    1= 1
    2= 1
    3= 1
    4= 1
    5= 1
    6= 1
    7= 1
    8= 1
    9 = -1
    T = -1

BC = .93, PE =.54 IC =.72 all rounded

Thanks! So with the 8 as +1, BC goes down a little, and the other two actually up a little. And you get a simplified count in my mind - all cards other than 9, 10s and As are +1. Am I missing anything? Thanks!

Thanks zenmaster. Question. Per this site: https://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm Hi-Opt II is .91, .67, .91. Silverfox is .96, .53, .69. Zen, still level 1, is .96, .63, .85. Isn't the first number the most important? I must admit I don't understand the second number. But based on these numbers how are the more complex counts that much better? I'm sure I'm misssing something obvious. Thanks!
    The performance measures you are using do not include side counts. Hi opt 2 is sidecount dependant. Using an asc, your bc will increase to about .98, I think.

Isn't that not giving up much at all, to make the count simpler?
    How is counting 1 more card making a count simpler? It also makes the count unbalanced. There is nothing wrong with unbalanced counts but many consciously choose not to use them.

Thanks! So with the 8 as +1, BC goes down a little, and the other two actually up a little. And you get a simplified count in my mind - all cards other than 9, 10s and As are +1. Am I missing anything? Thanks!
    Yes, you need and IRC since the count is an unbalanced count. If you must you this system I would suggest that you count every red or black 8s but not all the black and red 8. This will also improve you BC to .95 but the IC drop to .71. The PE will increase to .55.

Yes, you need and IRC since the count is an unbalanced count. If you must you this system I would suggest that you count every red or black 8s but not all the black and red 8. This will also improve you BC to .95 but the IC drop to .71. The PE will increase to .55.
    And a new system is born - the Black 8

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    How is counting 1 more card making a count simpler? It also makes the count unbalanced. There is nothing wrong with unbalanced counts but many consciously choose not to use them.

So, if you just make the +8 a +1, now you only have two buckets, -1 and +1, not 3 because you have no zero. Two buckets instead of three would seem to make it easier in and of itself. However, it seems it would get even easier because now you can just count every card that comes out, scan for the 9/10s/As, and know that that latter number is your total negative point total. Then your total positive/negative point total has to be that number added (as a negative) to the total cards that have come out! And it seems to me just making a count of every card that comes out is easier than trying to determine which one is a 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8.

Seems to me it would be a lot easier without giving up much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast