Thread: Can I get a advantage with this low spread?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Can I get a advantage with this low spread?

Could someone tell me what my advantage is on this game? 2deck 65% pen S17, DAS, NRSA .19 off the top. Spread 1-3 play all heads up or one other player. Using a average level one count similar to KO with around 20 deviations. I'm guessing im around + 1/2% can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by shake; 12-07-2017 at 08:11 AM.

More like about 0.65%.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    More like about 0.65%.

Don
    Don,

Does your biggest gain in EV come from a low spread? What i mean is, will a 1-6 spread give you twice the edge as 1-3? Isnt there a threshold were theres no more EV to be gained regardless of how big your spread gets?
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Don,

Does your biggest gain in EV come from a low spread? What i mean is, will a 1-6 spread give you twice the edge as 1-3? Isnt there a threshold were theres no more EV to be gained regardless of how big your spread gets?
    You'll always make more with a larger spread. If you back-count, there are diminishing returns once you get past about 1-4, but with play-all, you'll always make much more with a larger spread.

Do you not have any software or BJA3 chapter 10 charts to see this?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    Could someone tell me what my advantage is on this game? 2deck 65% pen S17, DAS, NRSA .19 off the top. Spread 1-3 play all heads up or one other player. Using a average level one count similar to KO with around 20 deviations. I'm guessing im around + 1/2% can anyone confirm?
    Spread 1 to 3 vs 1 to 6. I used BJRM with your rules and 60% pen (65% wasn't an option). Using 1 to 3 spread assuming $25 at zero and under, $50 at TC 1, and $75 at TC2 and above, I get win of 0.59%. Using spread of 1 to 6 assuming $25 at zero and under, $50 at TC 1, $100 at TC2 and $150 at TC3 and above, I get win of 1.04%.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-08-2017 at 04:44 PM.