See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retirement, involuntary and painful.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My thanks to you as well for your advice and help over past few years. I hope to continue to see the purple text on the forum.

Best wishes for whatever you plan for your retirement. I and many newbies would very interest and appreciate if you have online class like "ZMF and BJ" on Facebook or any other social media. I like your writing style, sometimes I have to use Dictionary to understand the word you use. Other times, your "light" abrasive writing make the readers ponder, especially the person you directly respond to but it makes your point clearly. Please visit and keep writing to this site.
    Thanks
    cc12b

DAMN!!!! There goes the library.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by frank galvin View Post
    damn!!!! There goes the library.
    lol!

+1
    Last edited by BJPloppy; 11-20-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybond007 View Post
    "purpletext"
    Now I know that you are color-blind.

Sorry for your retirement, you taught me a lot back when I used to be an AP. you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Actually, a poster on BJ21 some time back complimented Flash in a GWAE episode. Flash, you've taken some heat over the years. But, many, many are grateful for your help.
    Yes - I think you might be referring to the "Steve Waugh" interview? Very impressive compliment to the mentoring and care of ZMF!

It's taken me 60 years now to realize that there's a difference between living a life of "success" vs. living a life of "significance"; i.e., impacting and benefitting the lives of others. The former is human, the latter is divine...
    Last edited by Bigdaddy; 11-20-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Retirement, involuntary and painful.

Memoirs of a Flash Protégé
    by Fire Walker

Hunter S. Psyche
    Marciano Heart

the one
    that welcomed me first
    warmly
    into The Demimonde

You blazed a trail
    so we could make
    a way

Priceless memories
    and near Academy Awards
    we’ve shared

Your efforts
    benefited
    many
    Blackjack Professor

Thanks for taking the time and energy to assist with the various initiatives that we were talking about in the period of about 6 months ago to a year ago. Thanks also for taking the time to chat about your health issues in that time frame, I was always saddened that you were dealt a very bad hand in that area, but I know you just soldier on!!!
    It was great to meet you in the Albany area for 2 or 3 days in that time interval.
    I am getting in my mid sixties as well and the issue of driving long distances and then hitting the tables pooped out should be looked at for all of us. As a previous poster noted, I think the lone wolf approach isn't always the best. More cooperation/teamwork is needed for these type of long distance driving trips. Even if the participants are not working as a "team" in the normal sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Now I know that you are color-blind.

I guess it is more blue. I don't think I'm color blind. Interesting as it always struck me a purple.

Blog Entries

In RGB, Flash is using: 20,0,125

Very close to navy: 0,0,128
    Blue is: 0,0,255
    Purple is 128,0,128
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

ZMF,

Sent you an email note but wanted to say that maybe retirement does not mean stop, but it means change your approach and slow down.

Just saying, stay active and engaged otherwise atrophy wins.

Really looking forward to our next craps session so we can get our money back!!!!!

Best of wishes and stay in touch!
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Flash has not only been a source of information for me, but also a source of research topics. I echo those who suggest that, although the days of the road trips may be past, I hope that Flash continues to stay active in the community.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast