See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

View Poll Results: Are You a Millionaire?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a Millionaire

17 40.48%
  • No, I'm Not a Millionaire

25 59.52%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Are You a Millionaire?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I am no tax expert but in years where you earn low enough you can have a certain amount of tax-free long gains. So if you have any really low earning years you may be in a position to cash a certain amount tax free. Getting about 50% more money than if you paid taxes could be very worthwhile.
    Dont worry about it now, but the timely selling of dogs can be beneficial as well.

Let Jamie Dimon put his money where his mouth is or shut up.

Cboe chief on Jamie Dimon: He's welcome to try shorting bitcoin

• Cboe Global Markets is opening the first futures trading for bitcoin, starting Sunday.
    • JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon has called bitcoin a "fraud" and threatened to fire anyone trading the cryptocurrency.
    • Cboe CEO Ed Tilly said Dimon or anyone else wanting to bet against bitcoin now will have the opportunity.
    • https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/cboe...g-bitcoin.html

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    Let Jamie Dimon put his money where his mouth is or shut up.

Cboe chief on Jamie Dimon: He's welcome to try shorting bitcoin

• Cboe Global Markets is opening the first futures trading for bitcoin, starting Sunday.
    • JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon has called bitcoin a "fraud" and threatened to fire anyone trading the cryptocurrency.
    • Cboe CEO Ed Tilly said Dimon or anyone else wanting to bet against bitcoin now will have the opportunity.
    • https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/cboe...g-bitcoin.html

Bitcoin has produced many millionaires and the trend will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    It's 9.05 am where I live. Just finished breakfast. Think I just might head over there for a coffee.

I'll walk in - they'll ask - the usual? - I'll say - sure.
    I had my "usual" today also. One and a half hours of snow shoveling. Just 4 more months of the "usual" and then I will try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    I think you were half joking suggesting that nobody in their right mind would short bitcoin.

But when the futures market for bitcoin opens up I guarantee you many speculators will short it.

It's a sure thing. Count on it

I'm not saying that they won't get creamed. Maybe they will. But they will do it.
    My opinion is that the if you short you will get creamed. This is a different animal then shorting a stock. The people holding BTC are not selling. There are only 16,700,000 BTC. People holding BTC are different then people trading stocks. The original investors have said that they put a 1 Trillion market value on BTC. They will keep driving the price up. With the price at $16,900 X 16,700,000 BTC puts a market value of $282,230,000. So we still have a way to run. Using this logic I see the price being driven to at least $60,000 within the year 2018. Just my take. Either way I am happy no matter what happens.

I wish I'd bought em in 2007 )

I am not a millionaire, but not far from it. Have been several times, but my nature continues to bring me back to the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Amjort View Post
    Saw CNBC interview early Bitcoin investors. He bought them when 1 Bitcoin = 1 US$. A $100 investment then will make you a millionaire today.

Quote Originally Posted by Amjort View Post
    Still plenty of time. Buy Lite Coin and Ethereum. I bought Lite Coin yesterday at 201. Presently at $369. Got really lucky with that. Ethereum was bought a while back at 498. Know at $625. It's never to late. I think both of these coins are a quad by the end of 2018.

Here is one reason why you should think about buying LTC. Make it you AP play of the year for 2018.

Forget bitcoin, its fourth-biggest rival is up nearly 5,800 percent this year

• Litecoin hit a record high price of $255.42 on Tuesday and is up nearly 5,800 percent year-to-date
    • The fourth-largest cryptocurrency differ to bitcoin in areas such as a faster transaction time
    • Rising interest in cryptocurrencies and diversification away from bitcoin are behind litecoin's rise

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/lite...this-year.html

Here is a opposite view of why not to buy LTC.

Novogratz says he would sell litecoin after its massive surge, sees bitcoin hitting $40k within a few months

• Michael Novogratz, formerly a macro hedge fund manager at Fortress Investment Group, says on CNBC's "Fast Money" he would sell litecoin in favor of bitcoin.
    • Novogratz is now CEO of Galaxy Investment Partners and he says the firm is launching its cryptocurrency fund by the end of this week.
    • Institutional investors are "absolutely not" invested in cryptocurrencies yet, but they are watching them carefully, Novogratz also says.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/12/novo...ive-surge.html

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678