See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

View Poll Results: Are You a Millionaire?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a Millionaire

17 40.48%
  • No, I'm Not a Millionaire

25 59.52%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You a Millionaire?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    What if you don't know if you are or not?
    Sounds like me. If I could put a present value on my remaining pension annuity and come up with a value of what my house is worth I might just be a millionaire. The good news is my net worth went up over $70,000 from last Dec thanks to a run away stock market, good blackjack year, and bad estimating on my 2016 income tax liability which resulted in over a $10,000 tax refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Sounds like me. If I could put a present value on my remaining pension annuity and come up with a value of what my house is worth I might just be a millionaire.
    Midwest player, does it really matter if you had 1, 5, or 10 million bucks? You would still be out shoveling the snow off your driveway with your yopper scopper, and then shoveling 9 feet of snow off your roof for eleven hours. Unfortunately, I am a lot like you with the same type of sick ideas, that stays with you throughout your lifetime.
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-04-2017 at 05:43 AM.

I've never shovelled snow.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Sounds like me. If I could put a present value on my remaining pension annuity and come up with a value of what my house is worth I might just be a millionaire. The good news is my net worth went up over $70,000 from last Dec thanks to a run away stock market, good blackjack year, and bad estimating on my 2016 income tax liability which resulted in over a $10,000 tax refund.

Oh yes I forgot one, a few years ago you saved $5 k by not getting the 4 by 4 option on your wife's new car. Although, you had to train her how and when to make a turn onto the driveway while going 25mph, to be able to get off the street. Just how many mailboxes did you have to replace?
    Last edited by BoSox; 12-04-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Midwest player, does it really matter if you had 1, 5, or 10 million bucks? You would still be out shoveling the snow off your driveway with your yopper scopper, and then shoveling 9 feet of snow off your roof for eleven hours. Unfortunately, I am a lot like you with the same type of sick ideas, that stays with you throughout your lifetime.
    When I need something done, I hire somebody. That definitely includes the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    When I need something done, I hire somebody. That definitely includes the roof.

Not everybody has the luxury of hanging out in a bakery shop 365 days in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I've never shovelled snow.
    If you procrastinate, by the time you get to shoveling the snow is gone.

Not everybody has the luxury of hanging out in a bakery shop 365 days in a year.
    It's 9.05 am where I live. Just finished breakfast. Think I just might head over there for a coffee.

I'll walk in - they'll ask - the usual? - I'll say - sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I'll walk in - they'll ask - the usual? - I'll say - sure.
    Does everyone yell Freighter in unison when you walk in?

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Does everyone yell Freighter in unison when you walk in?

No, however, when not busy, there is usually a nice exchange of pleasantries. I just arrived a coup,e of minutes ago, and the young lady just brought me "the usual", of course without asking.

What a life Freighter, pastries and pleasantries all at the same time.

What a life Freighter, pastries and pleasantries all at the same time.
    Someone has to do it. I volunteered for this dangerous mission, earning the princely sum of 60 minutes per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    My Dad used to meet all his buddies every morning at the Happy Chef. Every once in awhile Id fly in and surprise him.

One time I held the open the door open for him. He walked through, nodded a hello, and said thanks. Then he turns around and says "hey, what the hell are you doing here." The waitress knew all their usuals.
    On a different vein, about 15-20 years ago, my older boy was away for about 2 years travelling. He told us he was arriving for the sake of argument, Thursday at 5.00. He lied. His friends, whom he stayed with in England, were also instructed to lie, saying that he was out if we should phone and inquire before he took off from London.

He had a friend pick him up from our local airport. My wife was still working at the time, and Richard was dropped off where she worked. When my wife realized what was going on, she started to cry. It was a nice homecoming.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast