See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

View Poll Results: Are You a Millionaire?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm a Millionaire

17 40.48%
  • No, I'm Not a Millionaire

25 59.52%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Millionaire?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    does owning 100 bitcoin count as a millionare?

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    Do the math. $11,600.00 X 100 = $1,160,000.00. If you own 100 congratulations. If you don't oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    Where do you guys get all these ancient weather stats? Truth of the matter is that the US has been keeping accurate baseball statistics longer than weather statistics.
    They use ice core data. The data above uses information from ice cores from the EPICA ice dome C as well as the Vostock site in Antarctica.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ta-help-solve/

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Midwest player, does it really matter if you had 1, 5, or 10 million bucks? You would still be out shoveling the snow off your driveway with your yopper scopper, and then shoveling 9 feet of snow off your roof for eleven hours. Unfortunately, I am a lot like you with the same type of sick ideas, that stays with you throughout your lifetime.
    It's what you do! Just like eating and sleeping so is shoveling snow. I can't remember a time when I didn't shovel snow. When I was too small to shovel the driveway I had to shovel the front porch steps. My dad actually made his own yooper scooper out of wood. It was a beast. He was too cheap to buy a piece of tin to cover the entire bottom, so he riveted two pieces of tin together to cover the bottom. It worked great, but was awful heavy. You needed a running head start to make it up the snow pile.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Oh yes I forgot one, a few years ago you saved $5 k by not getting the 4 by 4 option on your wife's new car. Although, you had to train her how and when to make a turn onto the driveway while going 25mph, to be able to get off the street. Just how many mailboxes did you have to replace?
    I never got stuck yet where I had to call a tow truck to get me out. I never got in a winter accident. Never wiped out a stop sign at the bottom of a hill (this happens a lot). I have always managed to get myself out. I've had a few close calls. Once on a blackjack trip I got stuck in some deep snow. I actually had to open the car door, put the car in gear and push the car right where you get in. When the car started going I jumped back in.

I had this happen to me a few times in my youth (see video) except I was going backwards down the hill. Managed to do a 180 before ended up in the ditch. Then you can ride the snow bank.

Heck, with front wheel drive I don't even bother with snow tires.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 12-04-2017 at 09:37 PM.

@three: I have done some reading on the climate subject and came to the conclusion that the activity of the sun most likely has by far the biggest influence on the global weather. All the mass-propaganda about "Global warming" is based on observations from a couple hundred years and I do not have reason to believe it either.

@bigdaddy: I pulled the graph from sacredgeometry @ http://sacredgeometryinternational.c...lobal-change-2.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    Only if you cash out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye of the Eagle View Post
    Do the math. $11,600.00 X 100 = $1,160,000.00. If you own 100 congratulations. If you don't oh well.
    Less 27% federal and state tax (23.8% fed and say 3.2% state) would leave you with only $847k. Sorry - force of habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    Less 27% federal and state tax (23.8% fed and say 3.2% state) would leave you with only $847k. Sorry - force of habit.
    Also capital gains tax. Either short or long term. For tax purposes bitcoins are treated as property not as currency. He probably will have to wait until it reaches $15,000 that should cover the tax bill. $15,000 is coming sooner then most people think.

Bitcoin is a 'dangerous speculative bubble,' Yale expert says

• Stephen Roach, a widely regarded economist, had harsh words about bitcoin as an investment in a Tuesday interview with CNBC
    • "This is a dangerous speculative bubble by any shadow or stretch of the imagination," he said

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/04/bitc...pert-says.html

What would you expect a main stream talking head pundit to say. All I can say is that I am happy no matter what happens. Even if the bubble burst.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by double up View Post
    I have done some reading on the climate subject and came to the conclusion that the activity of the sun most likely has by far the biggest influence on the global weather.
    My thoughts exactly. The sun must go through cycles that cause the repeating pattern of short warm periods that interrupt long periods of the Earth's normal much colder climates. They were predicting a solar minimum but that didn't seem to affect things like they said it would. For my little piece of the globe this year was warmer, but still not the scorchers that occurred for my entire life, after a decade of very moderate temperatures. I say moderate because summers were quite mild but winters were mild as well. Only when the polar vortex was big weather news did we have really cold winter in general. That winter was brutal. But all that is just very short term noise and can't be used to indicate anything.

@Three: The sad thing is that the majority of people will buy the "global warming caused by mankind" theory/ hoax as long as mass-media and corporations repeat it over and over. But this is getting too political...

Have a good one.

[QUOTE=Eye of the Eagle;235951]Also capital gains tax.[b/QUOTE]

The 27% figure already includes 20% for tax on long-term capital gains. If the holding period is less than 1 year, then ordinary tax rates would apply and could be up to 39.6%.

I am no tax expert but in years where you earn low enough you can have a certain amount of tax-free long gains. So if you have any really low earning years you may be in a position to cash a certain amount tax free. Getting about 50% more money than if you paid taxes could be very worthwhile.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast