See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KO players or any players advice needed regarding CVdata

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I strictly employ the betting ramps provided by CVCX. The hands set to 5000 millions. Mostly i play with another player at the table. Sometimes heads up. I am an early bird. The penetration most of the time is either 1.0 or 1.5.
    So if the program tells me to place a bet of 50 on 2 spots at running count of 24 or above i do it without hesitation. In fact I lost 1500 euro on one shoe with a very high count. The dealer hammered me down completely. ))
    Last edited by ferenc11; 11-17-2017 at 02:29 PM.

I play REKO with IRC 0. I play 6 deck H17, DAS games with 4.5 - 5.5 penetration.

My key count line (aka color of blackjack line, aka first time that I have a small advantage on the house) is :
    Deck 1 : 12
    Deck 2 : 14
    Deck 3 : 16
    Deck 4 : 18
    Deck 5 : 20

I don't take into consideration the number of players at the table for this line. Is this similar to your line?

Quote Originally Posted by MercySakesAlive View Post
    I play REKO with IRC 0. I play 6 deck H17, DAS games with 4.5 - 5.5 penetration.

My key count line (aka color of blackjack line, aka first time that I have a small advantage on the house) is :
    Deck 1 : 12
    Deck 2 : 14
    Deck 3 : 16
    Deck 4 : 18
    Deck 5 : 20

I don't take into consideration the number of players at the table for this line. Is this similar to your line?
    If you don't take into consideration the number of players at the table and deck penetration than your bets are not considered to be optimal. If the bet ramp you listed above is for 4.5 penetration and you use it for 5 deck penetration than you are not betting optimally. Since you are using an unbalanced count in running count mode. That is one leak to your game.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-17-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    I strictly employ the betting ramps provided by CVCX. The hands set to 5000 millions. Mostly i play with another player at the table. Sometimes heads up. I am an early bird. The penetration most of the time is either 1.0 or 1.5.
    So if the program tells me to place a bet of 50 on 2 spots at running count of 24 or above i do it without hesitation. In fact I lost 1500 euro on one shoe with a very high count. The dealer hammered me down completely. ))
    Again if you are not taking into consideration penetration and the number of players than your bet spread are not considered optimal since it is an unbalanced count and you are using it in running count mode. If the bet ramp that you are using is for 1.5 decks and you use it in 1 deck cut off game you are not betting optimally. The same with the number of player on the table. If you use a bet spread for 4 players and you use it for 1 player it is not optimal betting. Are you changing your bet ramps according to the environments of the game often or you stick with the same bet ramp throughout? That is one leak in your game to think about and improve upon.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-17-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks, seriousplayer. Regarding the issue of number of players at the table, I ran a couple of CVCX sims recently to investigate that effect on my advantage over the house. The sim was 2000 million, REKO, H17, DAS, RSA, No Surr, 5/6 pen.

The percentages are the percentage of advantage I have over the house during those bets.

B1 is my Color of Blackjack or my key count line where I first raise my bet. With IRC at 0 , B4 is a count of 24, B6 is a count of 26, B8 is 28, B10 is 30, ... B20 is 40.

I raise my bets at the same running count numbers whether I'm playing heads up or with 3 players because the difference in advantage is so tiny.

Thanks for any input.

Heads Up Vs 3 Player.jpg

Thanks, seriousplayer. Regarding the issue of number of players at the table, I ran a couple of CVCX sims recently to investigate that effect on my advantage over the house. The sim was 2000 million, REKO, H17, DAS, RSA, No Surr, 5/6 pen.

The percentages are the percentage of advantage I have over the house during those bets.

B1 is my Color of Blackjack or my key count line where I first raise my bet. With IRC at 0 , B4 is a count of 24, B6 is a count of 26, B8 is 28, B10 is 30, ... B20 is 40.

I raise my bets at the same running count numbers whether I'm playing heads up or with 3 players because the difference in advantage is so tiny.

Thanks for any input.

Heads Up Vs 3 Player.jpg
    Yes, but the inaccuracy adds up. Why are some of your cells empty? Try doing a simulation in CVCX using the same bet ramp you are using for both 1 and 3 players then compare it to the optimal bet that CVCX suggest using SCORE.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-17-2017 at 05:46 PM.

My depth bet numbers that I chose correlate to my running count numbers and bet sizes. Thanks.

My depth bet numbers that I chose correlate to my running count numbers and bet sizes. Thanks.
    Alright, but it is not consider optimal unless you are using optimal bet ramp suggested in CVCX for each different penetration and player. If is not optimal betting it would affect SCORE.

Yes, I understand. My betting ramp is both more aggressive and more realistically sized than optimal bets.

You keep saying that my bets might not be correlating to the letter given to the particular rule set. I only follow running count bets. Do you suggest that I should run sims optimal bettings for each number of players at the table?
    So for example if there are 2 players at the table (including me) i should have one specific set of optimal betting set. Then for three players i should run down another one and so on...I thought the cards get dealt down absolutely randomly to each player.
    Last edited by ferenc11; 11-18-2017 at 01:22 AM.

So for each scenario you should change your optimal betting ramp taking into consideration of the rules and players? That's a lot of betting ramps. Or plan in the head.
    Last edited by ferenc11; 11-18-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Why do i have the feeling that i just ran into some nasty negative variance...

Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    You keep saying that my bets might not be correlating to the letter given to the particular rule set. I only follow running count bets. Do you suggest that I should run sims optimal bettings for each number of players at the table?
    So for example if there are 2 players at the table (including me) i should have one specific set of optimal betting set. Then for three players i should run down another one and so on...I thought the cards get dealt down absolutely randomly to each player.
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and thay could be one potential leak to your game. Since you are using an unbalanced count in running count mode I don't know of any formula where you can apply to get optimal bets in every situation.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast