Thread: Best software (and app) to teach you basic strategy?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Best software (and app) to teach you basic strategy?

Is there a good piece of windows based software that can help you learn proper basic strategy? I would think it would have all the different rules implemented, number of decks, etc. so you can change it to fit your expected play.

Also, while less important, an app that does the same?

Cheap is good, free is better.

Thanks for any help!

You are at the home of qfit suite of BJ software.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    You are at the home of qfit suite of BJ software.

Ah, did not realize that SpikeBJ, I searched for BJ forum. Does the qfit suite fit this bill? Thanks!

Just use this site: https://www.blackjackinfo.com/blackj...rategy-engine/ and adapt it for the game you want to play. You don't need software to learn Basic Strategy.

Thanks for the link pnork! I know you don't need software, I just thought it would be helpful if you could just play, and then when you pick a wrong action it would tell you why and some related rules to help you learn it quick without having to keep going to a table. But if I can't find any software that is what I'll do! Thanks!

Wow, that's really helpful ! Thanks !
    Just teaching a friend to play ))

If you have an Amazon Alexa, you can try the new skill I just created which does just that. Just say "Alexa, ask Blackjack Tutor for a quiz". It was just a fun little project to teach myself how to do Alexa development since I enjoy playing blackjack, but I think it makes for a pretty decent Basic Strategy practice tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltynuts View Post
    Cheap is good, free is better
    Just remember that you get what you pay for in this life... you are at the home of the most sophisticated Computer Blackjack Software ever developed. You will not find anything better then what Norm has spent 20+ years developing. He has two Apps, Verite Games ($35) and Vertie Drills ($14) which are more USEFUL & POWERFUL then any other app you will come across. I have an iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 11.2.1 at the time of this post) and both apps work flawless. I use both of them DAILY when I'm at work and at home CVBJ. The best free app goes to Blackjack Apprenticeship. That will help you practice basic strategy but you should go for Vertie Drills in my opinion!

Qfit had a free basic strategy trainer system that does this.

Not if Norm still offers it.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

This is a great app for Android. It uses a flash card type of teaching.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ckjackstrategy

The paid version gives you customized strategy cards and drills based on rules you can choose (3 to 2 or 6 to 5 payout, # of decks, S17 or H17, etc).