Thread: Trouble with CVBJ Backcounting Table

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Trouble with CVBJ Backcounting Table

Tried reading all the help document in CVBJ but I can't seem to figure out the backcounting Table setting. I want it to wong-out at counts worse than -24. I don't want to use wonging-in or actual back-counting.

I have this setup with REKO but it will tells me to bet $0 at counts above -24.
    If I am am understanding right The In column is "Play if at or above this count".
    The Out column is "Leave/Don't play if count is @ or below this count"

So I thought this would mean with my current setup "Play WHILE RC is > -24". Am I doing something wrong here?

simplebet.png

Why isn't your "In" set to whatever your starting count is for each number of decks? And why is the In the same no matter how many decks?

Don

I was under the impression that the 'Backcounting Table' referred to how many decks had been played, not the type of game being played? So If I used REKO's 1-deck starting count of -1 for 'In' value I'd never play in a 6-deck game after a shuffle( 6-deck IIRC is -20)?

I tried In:20 and Out: -24 but they all seem to have the same issue. Telling me to bet zero even at counts better than -20.

I've also tried complex but it seems to do the same thing. Lets me bet anything on the first hand after a shuffle but then continuously tells me to bet 0 regardless of RC. I have the RC checkbox hit in the betting strategy so I'm not sure why its doing this.
    compllec.PNG

sbrugby,

You have the "In" and "Out" columns confused: if you want to play only when the RC is -24 and higher, set the "In" to -24 and the "Out" to -25.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand