See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does switching to Two-Hand at high TC really work?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Bottom line is to get more money on table when count is positive, less when
    negative. If you have just put out a single bet of $200 at TC3, count drops to TC2, you are reducing your bet significantly by going to two hands of $75 or one hand of $100 and the other of $50.
    Poorly thought through. You want to make things look like you aren't changing your bets much. Think about it. I am sure you can figure out how going from one hand to 2 or back again can accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Bottom line is to get more money on table when count is positive, less when
    negative. If you have just put out a single bet of $200 at TC3, count drops to TC2, you are reducing your bet significantly by going to two hands of $75 or one hand of $100 and the other of $50.
    Agreed. But if you aren't consistent, you can't sim it accurately. And if you can't sim it, you don't know what the true underlying math is.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    CV Data will allow to maximize your betting potential. You can toy with several different bet spreads and strategies. I dont understand why a player that has the software fails to recognize the importance of this tool. My 5th grader has homework assignments that are more complex.

Not having a sound betting strategy is like going to the grocery store without a list. So you drive from store to store and never know if you got the most value for your money.

Spike speaks right.
    The dog ate his CD per another forum.

[QUOTE=Joe Mama;234267]The dog ate his CD per another forum.[/QUOT

Do you realize that good counters existed before sims became available? As I said, bottomline is that you have more money out when in positive counts. I dont care to predict EV, I have a BR of $50k, use a 1-6 spread and play around with a confusing strategy of 1 or two hands. With a max bet of $150, after 210 hours of play this year, I am at $15k this year, no back offs while often playing rated.

Uneven hands and random switching from 1 to 2 or back seems to be very effective for me.

[QUOTE=ZeeBabar;234270]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post
    The dog ate his CD per another forum.[/QUOT

Do you realize that good counters existed before sims became available? As I said, bottomline is that you have more money out when in positive counts. I dont care to predict EV, I have a BR of $50k, use a 1-6 spread and play around with a confusing strategy of 1 or two hands. With a max bet of $150, after 210 hours of play this year, I am at $15k this year, no back offs while often playing rated.

Uneven hands and random switching from 1 to 2 or back seems to be very effective for me.
    Agree. Some of these things can be overanalyzed. Need to strike a balance between time spent playing and analyzing play.

[QUOTE=ZeeBabar;234270]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mama View Post

Don't laugh at Zee on this one. PLANNED inconsistency can be a very powerful tool.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Agreed. But if you aren't consistent, you can't sim it accurately. And if you can't sim it, you don't know what the true underlying math is.
    So what! You can still get a good general idea. I don't understand the need to calculate EV to the nth degree. Doing so requires a robotic plan. Robotic plans make it easy to get picked off.

I pride my self in my (planned) inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    So what! You can still get a good general idea. I don't understand the need to calculate EV to the nth degree. Doing so requires a robotic plan. Robotic plans make it easy to get picked off.

I pride my self in my (planned) inconsistency.
    Go get the money or analyze? Paralysis by analysis? I think I'd rather spend time getting the money.

I was good. But the game is simply an extension of practice. CV Data provides the setup for practice. There is a difference between planned inconsistent and consistent. It's the failure to plan that leaves players whining. There is a difference between good and scary good. Given the choice, I'd rather have them scared of me than me scared of myself.
    Moses is one of the few that needs to sim to the nth. It's that scary 1-3 spread and bypass of certain critical p,system that he says he can't excercise in his marketplace.

Not necessarily Freighter. I explained the logic behind the sim in another thread. As you say, recognized value is one thing. But then one must weigh that against the risk in the moment. At least that is what I think I learned from you.

For instance, a real pisser is 10,10 vs 5 on the 2nd hand of a max bet. You do it and draw unwanted attention. But you don't do it and end up losing 2 hands instead of winning 3.

So let me ask you a hypothetical question. IMO there is not a right or wrong answer for a pattern of inconsistency. But I value your input.

Suppose you are playing DD in Vegas. You are spreading 1 to 8. Quite often, two hands at 4 each. Now, you are in one of those rare off the charts positive counts. So you spread two hands at 8 each. You get two snappers and cash out. Upon departure the pit boss says "no mas" for Freighter. Did you win that bet or lose?
    There is no right or wrong for inconsistency. That's what makes it powerful. You have the exact identical situation on back to back shoes, and you do different things. Clearly, your an idiot. You can thank me for that later, but that is 1 if your goals.

As for Vegas dd spreads go, other than a couple if low class sweat joints, my biggest dd spread was 1x25 to 2x125 (at the Palms, no less) now, keep in mind that 2 hands if 4 chips each us not a 1-8 spread. You need to take card eating into effect, and that effectively reduces your spread (varies by hand) by about 25%.

So, in Vegas p, parlaying 1 hand to 2 hands if 8, I'm walking immediately thereafter, cashing out another day or shift. That being said, spread is location dependant. Not in Vegas, I had a true 12 or so on a dd game where I opened $25. I busted out "steamed" and pulled out 1k. $500 on each square scoring 2 snappers. I groaned commenting - such an easy game. Sims can't really help you with those guerrilla type tactics.

Don't laugh at Zee on this one. PLANNED inconsistency can be a very powerful tool.
    +1

You have the exact identical situation on back to back shoes, and you do different things. Clearly, your an idiot. You can thank me for that later, but that is 1 if your goals.
    My favorite is having the exact same hand composition on both spots and standing on the first then hitting the second. Not much EV either way, basically a coin flip. But, if you hit the second rather than the first, you know the card you get won't tip the balance and cause you to play both hands the same way. Clearly not using a playing strategy and just playing things by feel or randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    My favorite is having the exact same hand composition on both spots and standing on the first then hitting the second. Not much EV either way, basically a coin flip. But, if you hit the second rather than the first, you know the card you get won't tip the balance and cause you to play both hands the same way. Clearly not using a playing strategy and just playing things by feel or randomly.
    3, you're an idiot. Congratulations. Now, if someone is kind enough, with the proper intent, to call me an asshole, I would be appreciative.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast