Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
Should we really switch to Two-Hand at high TC?
I try to switch to Two-Hand if there's a spot empty next to me, but I wonder if it is really worth it. If it is, what at what TC do we switch to two-hand?
To maximise EV/SCORE, you should always play 1 hand when you are heads up.

When playing with ploppies, you want to spread to multiple hands. This way, ploppies will "eat" a greater pecentage of cards when the TC is negative and a smaller % when the TC is high.

*for example: you are playing with 1 ploppy against the dealer. Assuming both of you are playing 1 hand. The dealer, the ploppy and yourself will each get 1/3 of the cards on average. Now let's assume a high TC occurs, if you switch to 2 hands, you will get 50% of those "estimated" high cards, while both the dealer and the ploppy will get 1/4 of the cards.

In other words. The ploppy will lose more money than he is supposed to,
Because you are "stealing" away some good cards from him. You are kind of taking advantage of them when you think about it, which is kind of funny. (We love you ploppies xox)

Also, you can play 2x 0.75 and have the same risk as playing 1x1. But the EV on 2x.75 will be greater.

(Ex. 1 hand of 100$ is more or less the same as 2 hands of 75$ in terms of risk, but the EV on 150$(2×75) is greater than EV on 100$).

Note that if your TC requires you to bet X amount of money. Do NOT spread to 2 hands of X. That would increase your risk by a lot since both hands are against the SAME dealer hand (see Covariance).

compared to

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk