See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does switching to Two-Hand at high TC really work?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Does switching to Two-Hand at high TC really work?

Should we really switch to Two-Hand at high TC?
    I try to switch to Two-Hand if there's a spot empty next to me, but I wonder if it is really worth it. If it is, what at what TC do we switch to two-hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
    Should we really switch to Two-Hand at high TC?
    I try to switch to Two-Hand if there's a spot empty next to me, but I wonder if it is really worth it. If it is, what at what TC do we switch to two-hand?
    Yes, with higher expected variance. I think.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Banned or Suspended

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Switching to two hands at a strong True Count
    is the "Royal Road" to being barred or worse, as
    it is the easiest for the pit/surveillance to verify.

I always play on 2 hands. Higher SCORE.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I play two hands unless heads up.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

1. Do you mean you play two hands only* when TC is high, or always play two hands regardless of TC? (If only when TC is high, at what TC?)
    2. Why not play two hands heads up even when TC is high?

1) When playing two hands, your betting ramp should change.

2) As has been stated, switching back and forth is pretty much a signal you are counting. Besides, you always risk someone playing that second spot when you are playing only one hand. Suggest you follow Stealth's advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Planisphere View Post
    1. Do you mean you play two hands only* when TC is high, or always play two hands regardless of TC? (If only when TC is high, at what TC?)
    2. Why not play two hands heads up even when TC is high?
    Many players start out a shoe with two hands and drop hands/wong out if the count goes in the tank.

As for heads up, betting one spots gives you the most rounds possible. Playing two spots eats more cards. Reducing the number of rounds you get. If your stakes are high enough you might not have a choice but to play multiple spots just to get the money out on the table for your desired EV.

Nothing really wrong with playing two spots heads up youjust have to understand how it affects the results.

As noted above, switching to two spots in a good count provides great results but is one of the biggest red flags of a counter. Not to say it cannot be done in some scenarios, but usually it's not advised

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybond007 View Post
    Many players start out a shoe with two hands and drop hands/wong out if the count goes in the tank.

As for heads up, betting one spots gives you the most rounds possible. Playing two spots eats more cards. Reducing the number of rounds you get. If your stakes are high enough you might not have a choice but to play multiple spots just to get the money out on the table for your desired EV.

Nothing really wrong with playing two spots heads up youjust have to understand how it affects the results.

As noted above, switching to two spots in a good count provides great results but is one of the biggest red flags of a counter. Not to say it cannot be done in some scenarios, but usually it's not advised
    In my opinion, switching from one to two hands is a great way to confuse surveillance providing you do it often and at both positive and negative counts.

One shoe, I might start with one hand, the next show with two hands. I might go to two hands of $25 instead of one hand of $50 when count turns negative or go from 2 hands of $100 each to one hand or $150 at the same count. Say I win two hands of $100 each at TC2, count goes to TC3 and I go to one hand of $200 (an increase) win that, count drops, it's two hands of $50 each. I will also use uneven hands, placing a bet of $100 on one, $75 on another, etc.

If there is no rhythm, no correlation to count when you switch, it's confusing.

Tough to sim accurately when you make what appears to be random decisions.

When something appears random it doesn't mean it actually is random. If it isn't actually random it can be simmed.

Tough to sim if you can't quantify or predict what Zee's next bet is. He would have to have a complex algorithm that describes his betting procedures, cause what he does, doesn't fit in Qfit suite.
    Last edited by SpikeBJ; 11-09-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Tough to sim if you can't quantify or predict what Zee's next bet is. He would have to have a complex algorithm that describes his betting procedures, cause what he does doesn't fit in Qfit suite.
    Bottom line is to get more money on table when count is positive, less when
    negative. If you have just put out a single bet of $200 at TC3, count drops to TC2, you are reducing your bet significantly by going to two hands of $75 or one hand of $100 and the other of $50.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast