Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range of Probability?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Could sizing my bets based on bankroll help me here? For example

$3500 BR bet $12

Win 1k, 4500 BR bet $15

Or lose 1k, 2500 BR bet $8

(Just trying to keep the bets at 1/300 of BR, or could even do 1/200) what would this do with RoR?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Which is what I covered immediately after.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    If it's the type of blackjack machine I think he's referring to, he should be able to play close to 1,000 HPH, not 100. And he has to double check that naturals pay 3:2.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

Quote Originally Posted by LVBear584 View Post
    If it's the type of blackjack machine I think he's referring to, he should be able to play close to 1,000 HPH, not 100. And he has to double check that naturals pay 3:2.
    About 750 hph

Quote Originally Posted by LVBear584 View Post
    Ah OK. Thanks LVBear.

Blue man, the second paragraph of my previous post would be of more interest for RoR. I was wrong in assuming 100 hands an hour.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I say just play it with a bet that translates into the appropriate number of hours of play which make the effort worthwhile for the EV. At $200 per round it's about 8.3 hours to play $1.25 million. If it's $468.50 in EV, do you really want to spend more time than that doing this? Assuming it's free play, if you tap out, you've lost nothing.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 10-17-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    I say just play it with a bet that translates into the appropriate number of hours of play which make the effort worthwhile for the EV. At $200 per round it's about 8.3 hours to play $1.25 million. If it's $468.50 in EV, do you really want to spend more time than that doing this? Assuming it's free play, if you tap out, you've lost nothing.
    He never said what he would win after betting $1,250,000. The $468.50 is what he expects to lose.

Correct. My mistake. He's starting with $3,500, so he expects to end up with $3031.50. For me that would not warrant much more than 60 hours worth of effort. So perhaps $25 bets would be my suggestion.

if this is online, it should be 200 rph and significantly more hph if you can play multiple hands

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    if this is online, it should be 200 rph and significantly more hph if you can play multiple hands
    I timed it, it's 750 rph for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12