Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitcoin

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Here is the nice descriptions of advantages and disadvantages of Bitcoin and blockchains in general https://tranio.com/world/analytics/how-the-blockchain-and-distributed-ledgers-will-transform-the-real-estate-market_5405/ I don't mine and don't buy any cryptocurrency, think it's come to stay but it will be not the same form we know it now
    Last edited by Norm; 10-20-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter-goldman View Post
    think it's come to stay but it will be not the same form we know it now
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    I'm sure I'll regret not cashing out now, but I didn't put that much in to begin with, so I'll go for the ride, wherever it takes me...
    Sell half and get your money out. You will still have the equivalent of your initial investment working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    Who said - never invest in anything where its value is based on the hope that somebody will pay you more for it than you paid (e.g., gold, etc..).
    Not really on point but my first car was a VW beetle. It was old and I paid $500 for it. My Dad was so pissed I would make such a poor investment. I drove it 150K miles and then, while it was parked, a city tow truck impounding a drunk's car rounds the corner while I am watching. The steering lock on the Cadillac breaks and the car wheels touching the ground switch lanes and the towed vehicle slams my Bug crushing the wheel well and flattening the tire. I was at work and took my fist and beat out the wheel well and then changed the tire. You would never know anything happened to the rust bucket. 10 months later the City must have got worried I was going to file a lawsuit because I hadn't completed my claim yet due to it being so minimal. They offer me $1500 to call the car totaled which was almost 10 times the bluebook. Of course I took it and asked where I should take their Bug. They said I could keep it. Years later I traded my Bug to my mechanic for $800 off a Super Beetle he had owned for a while. My mechanic was a VW master mechanic and spoke with a thick German accent. So after a $500 initial investment, I got to drive almost $200K miles and got $2300 in exchange for the worn-out old girl. And the car was great. It would run no matter what. It couldn't die. The most dependable car I have ever owned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12