Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bitcoin

What do you all think of bitcoin?

Do any of you own bitcoin?

What do you see it doing in 5, 10, 20 years?
    May the Variance be with you.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    5 years it will consider going back to college - will not follow through
    10 years it will talk about opening a bakery with flaky best friend - will not follow through
    20 years - cam girl

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    What do you all think of bitcoin?

Do any of you own bitcoin?

What do you see it doing in 5, 10, 20 years?
    I mined them for a while in 2012. I sold thousands at 12 dollars a coin and got out of the business. The next month they were at 100, the following, 600...they're a few thousand a coin now, good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponzi scheme

I’m pro-Bitcoin and have been holding since 2013. Had to sell a little but recovered 2x my original investment and waiting to see how far it can go. I expect $6k by November and $10k+ next year.

Wish I would have taken up that hobby (mining) back in 2010. I didn't because of the electricity costs.

I had 10 BTC back a few years. I would be able to increase my action at the BJ tables with such a fortune.

Assuming the next 2 Hard-forks work out without any issue (a huge assumption, it will go terribly,) we could see BTC at 10000 USD during the 2020 election.

My bet is actually on litecoin. Litecoin does not have the user/miner greed attached to it. The LTC community is more friendly, (shout-out to Charlie Lee!) and LTC has both Segregated Witness and several implementations of the Lightning Network w/ Atomic Swap validation. LTC also allows more txs per block with block solutions mathematically averaging 2.5 minutes per block, making it closer to Visa (in my opinion!)

LTC is also cheaper, as of now. No telling what the price will do when the first BTC hard-fork commences.

Litecoin does have a great community, but it definitely isn't on the size and scale of Bitcoin. The network effect makes it useful for exchange/commerce which drives the price upwards. Your average person hasn't yet wrapped their heads around bitcoin and it will take even more time and energy to consider altcoins.

Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    I had 10 BTC back a few years. I would be able to increase my action at the BJ tables with such a fortune.

Assuming the next 2 Hard-forks work out without any issue (a huge assumption, it will go terribly,) we could see BTC at 10000 USD during the 2020 election.

My bet is actually on litecoin. Litecoin does not have the user/miner greed attached to it. The LTC community is more friendly, (shout-out to Charlie Lee!) and LTC has both Segregated Witness and several implementations of the Lightning Network w/ Atomic Swap validation. LTC also allows more txs per block with block solutions mathematically averaging 2.5 minutes per block, making it closer to Visa (in my opinion!)

LTC is also cheaper, as of now. No telling what the price will do when the first BTC hard-fork commences.
    Whats this hard fork youre talking about?

Earlier this year, I bought about $5k worth of Bitcoin, Ethers and LTC just for shits and giggles. The Bitcoin has more than doubled. Not sure about the rest - I don't check it that often. Anyway, you're out of your mind if you don't realize that the whole thing's a bubble. I'm sure I'll regret not cashing out now, but I didn't put that much in to begin with, so I'll go for the ride, wherever it takes me...

Who said - never invest in anything where its value is based on the hope that somebody will pay you more for it than you paid (e.g., gold, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Whats this hard fork youre talking about?
    Actually, two hard forks:

There is the split between BTC (Bitcoin Core) and BCC (Bitcoin Cash), and that of BTC and Seg2x (Segregated Witness with block size increase of a factor of 2). The three current BIPs have been 'colliding' so to speak, and the network has voted to split them up. October 25 is when BTC/BCC spits into two chains and November 1 is when BTC/SW2x splits again. BTC will basically birth two new coins due to a lack of consensus on the scaling issue.

If you are on the libertarian-right of social/political thought, this is good as competition drives the market. For all of us who care more about the application and its ability to offer new improvements on the market, this is a complete disaster as it will allow three different implementations that are to be used together.fork

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Litecoin does have a great community, but it definitely isn't on the size and scale of Bitcoin. The network effect makes it useful for exchange/commerce which drives the price upwards. Your average person hasn't yet wrapped their heads around bitcoin and it will take even more time and energy to consider altcoins.
    Which is why LTC can get SegWit/LightningNet without any hiccups while BTC tears itself apart. There is too much power, influence, and money tied into BTC. A noble software used as a tool, now weaponized by the Few to consolidate power. It makes me mad. BTC is a tool for liberation for all people, not a power grab. Oh, and all the coin holders who use it as a pump and dump store of value also make me sick. I couldn't care less if I lost my potential 50000 USD. All is read is about people hoping to get rich off the system to buy a lambo or to become 'bitcoin millionaires.' Then, when something like the current hard fork(s) occurs, all they do is bitch that they are going to go broke.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket"

Bitcoin Cash already forked months ago. The block announcement for the Bitcoin Gold fork will be on October 25. The Segwit2X fork is expected sometime around mid-November.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast