Thread: Comp-Dependent Indexes

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Comp-Dependent Indexes

Hi Norm(or who ever),

Can you tell me where CVdata stores your comp-dependent indexes after generating them? I looked in my playing strategy folder, but the comp-dependent field is blank..

Also what is the little "$" sign in the decision making field used for?
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

Blog Entries

The generator doesn't save them in the tables, only the report. You can enter them into tables using the Composition Dependent button. If you see an & in a table cell, it means that that cell has one or more CD indices. Click on the CD button to see the list. A cell can have both an index and an &. The index would be used if none of the CDs are matched. A strategy could have hundreds of CD indices.
    Last edited by Norm; 10-16-2017 at 09:41 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

JJ, thanks for trying, but these are low res jpg image files. Can you save the charts in a higher resolution so that they can be expanded and the contents made viewable?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    JJ, thanks for trying, but these are low res jpg image files. Can you save the charts in a higher resolution so that they can be expanded and the contents made viewable?
    Let me have a smoke and a cup of coffee first, and i'll see wwat i can do frank

Hopefully these are veiwable ..Anyway here are a list for Ho2 Composition Dependent 12-16 Hit/Stand indexex for DD for anyone that may be interested..Not worth a whole lot but its good to know the general concept in close decisions..However theres a few thats worth knowing outside of just 7,7 vs X..CVdata. Accuracy: Quick and Dirty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jack Jackson; 10-20-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Jackson View Post
    Hopefully these are veiwable ..Anyway here are a list for Ho2 Composition Dependent 12-16 Hit/Stand indexex for DD for anyone that may be interested..Not worth a whole lot but its good to know the general concept in close decisions..However theres a few thats worth knowing outside of just 7,7 vs X..CVdata. Accuracy: Quick and Dirty.

Could you please help to generate Ho2 Composition Dependent 12-16 Hit/Stand indices for 2 different games :-

A)
    1) Single deck

2) Peek rule
    3) H17
    4) No surrender, insurance pay 2 to 1
    5) DAS, Double after split
    6) Double on hard 10 or 11 only
    7) Original hand split once to form 2 hands, NO resplit.
    8) Split Ace only receive one card
    9) Bet max 3 hands per round
    10) Shuffle after each round.

B)

-same rules except rule 6 change to Double on any 2 cards(DOA)

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The generator doesn't save them in the tables, only the report.
    Where are default reports saved, and all other data files? I want to make sure it is on an area of my hard drive that gets backed my, our corporate backup software is very peculiar. Also I like 2nd copy stored at some personal site. If I ever lose my job, last thing I want to worry about is navigating to find CVdata sim input and output files. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

In Win7 and on, ProgramData/qfit/cvdata (NOT Program Files). This is stupidly a hidden directory. If you can’t find the ProgramData directory:
    a. Start Button
    b. Control Panel
    c. Click on Appearance and Personalization
    d. Click on Folder Options
    e. Go to the tab View
    f. Check “Hidden files and folders: Show all files and folders”
    g. Click “OK”.

Most backup software should automatically back up this directory.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse