See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Wong-in at TC=2 a table with many players or few players?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wong-in at TC=2 a table with many players or few players?

I was reading this free online book "Modern Blackjack" on qfit about Wonging, and there was this graph about Wonging at a table of different number of players.

There was this graph about how much you make depending on the number of players at the table; I find this little hard to understand. I don't know if I can freely quote the words & the graph here (Page 403).

So wong-in the table with many players or few players?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The fewer the players, the better it's going to be because you'll get the most rounds out of it. As a minimum, I would suggest that there must be at least two contiguous spots available so you can wong-in and play two hands.

There was this graph about how much you make depending on the number of players at the table; I find this little hard to understand.
    You will make up to 4x as much money per hour playing alone as you would at a crowded table. A crowded table usually gets about 60 to 70 rounds in an hour. Heads up a skilled player can easily get more than 200 rounds. You will also have more opportunities to place wagers at higher true counts heads up as opposed to with 5 spots. Each hand gets on average 2.5 cards. So a full table of 5 spots and the dealer = 15 cards per round on average. So if you were playing heads up with only one spot that would be 5 cards. So over the course of 15 cards the count might spike and then come back down, whereas if you were just playing heads up you would have a chance to bet into the spike (place a bet at TC 5 or TC 6) at a greater advantage. So being able to wager more frequently over a given number of cards, especially late in the show, is more advantageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    chance to bet into the spike
    That's what my username references.