See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to think of soft hands: A6 or S17?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

You should have said "doubling or hitting."
    When do YOU stand on a soft 17? Ever ?

I should have been more clear. When I said "soft 17" I meant generically, "soft [the hand total]".

The best example is doubling A6 or A7 vs. 2. Let's assume S17, so the indexes are same/similar. For A6, I'm thinking "soft 17" so if I don't double it, I'm already thinking of the number "17" so it's easier for me to know to hit that, since you always hit soft 17s that aren't doubled. For A7, I'm thinking "soft 18", so if I don't double it, I'm already thinking of the number "18" so go automatically to standing on it (since the dealer has 2, and not a 9, T or A). I found that it caused "interference" in my brain to be thinking "Ace six" or "ace seven". That's what works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    I'll say internally, 6 16 or 7 17

I believe thats the best feasible way to do it. A,5 should be veiwed as 6/16 draw another Ace 7/17..Then draw a 8..H15 should be automatic...
    http://bjstrat.net/cgi-bin/cdca.cgi

I think "A-six." if I have A5 and draw a 2, I think "A-seven." I never really cared for the soft descriptions. I do this as personal preference, or perhaps because the BS card I first memorised had them as that. I don't know why it would make much of a difference either way. Dealers seem to like the soft numbers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12