See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Member - most curious question: Which betting system to use?...

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    They lurk too. Can't tell if he posts or not, but there's a pit boss I know who very actively watches this forum. He's often talking about it with other pit people and occasionally me, which is super awkward.

Any time someone posts a place isn't watched or otherwise makes it sound inviting, it always smells fishy to me. It's the main reason I haven't hit one poster up for coffee who lives in a place I frequent.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    But in korea?
    It would make sense the one time i give helpful advice

Blog Entries

They lurk too. Can't tell if he posts or not, but there's a pit boss I know who very actively watches this forum. He's often talking about it with other pit people and occasionally me, which is super awkward.
    Doesn't he know this is a "voodoo forum"? It' s been posted thousands of times elsewhere -- 3,278 times by one person in another forum.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Doesn't he know this is a "voodoo forum"? It' s been posted thousands of times elsewhere -- 3,278 times by one person in another forum.
    So a pitty is trying to get a bead on bets in korea?

Omg if i ever heard a critter talking about this forum at a table I would burn that place immediately just to see the look on his face when i said i had gave him a helpful post

(Which the OP, PC or not, is free to give me..every little bit does the job)

I have no idea. I've never been to Korea. May be legitimate.

I prefer to milk instead of burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Haha no. He takes it seriously. So seriously it's comical. I should have someone tell him it's voodoo and to stop reading it, lol. Are you sure 3278 times and not 3275? :-P that's rather specific.

Quote Originally Posted by NB10 View Post
    How long did it take you?
    The first 100k took just under 3 years playing red chip, usual max about $100, or less. I played a lot. Next 200k took about 3 years at usual $25 min. That's a guess - would have to look at records to be more definitive. Just got back home from a weekend trip - about 16 hours play time against roughly $5600, less $300 or $350 expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The first 100k took just under 3 years playing red chip, usual max about $100, or less. I played a lot. Next 200k took about 3 years at usual $25 min. That's a guess - would have to look at records to be more definitive. Just got back home from a weekend trip - about 16 hours play time against roughly $5600, less $300 or $350 expense.
    I'm going to have a look later at the time line and total dollars. Numbers might be off.

The first 100k took just under 3 years playing red chip, usual max about $100, or less. I played a lot.
    That is hard to believe. Playing a very good game at red chip level the best you can get is about $40 an hour. At 500 hours a year that is only $20,000. If you had a full time job I don't see how you could get more than 500 hours in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    That is hard to believe. Playing a very good game at red chip level the best you can get is about $40 an hour. At 500 hours a year that is only $20,000. If you had a full time job I don't see how you could get more than 500 hours in a year.
    500 hours a year...you must not play a lot to consider that a reasonable sum for a full time AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea. I've never been to Korea. May be legitimate.

I prefer to milk instead of burn.

Optimizing not maximizing. Smart move. Also. Big ups for those sims. You're fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Your both right and wrong. Still haven't gone to the basement where the computers are, and where my office is. Really don't spend much time there anymore.

In any event, I gave the numbers for years 2,3 and 4 respectively at, as memory serves, 27,20 and 52k respectively - 99k.
    Year 1 (2008), and excluding the 2 months of 2007, winning as my recollection permits, the princely sum of about $2 per hour. Adding year 1 (2008) is not material, as such ($4700), which then is about 103k taking 4 years.

I'm missing the order, but I do have 2 other years equalling 200k (122 and 75k), 1 loss year of 20k, 1 small profit and 1 medium year equalling about 50k. This year, I'm playing maybe 15-20 hours a month, and am up close to 30k.

As for work, I started scaling back about 10 years ago, replacing that stress with a different activity - called blackjack. It was less stressful, and coincided with some health issues. Essentially, I played most business day afternoons, putting in somewhat substantially more than 500 hours per year.

When I started, local red chip games were high quality. I preferred that environment, regardless of bankroll growth, as it kept me under the radar. As local red chip conditions went to shit, that is when I went to green chip (bankroll was then about 85k) towards the end of 2011, finally buys g CVdata and CVCX, and coincidentally was the start of most of my backoffs.

MP, remember, I worked for me, and I guarantee you my boss is very lenient, a super nice guy, who let me work when and how I want - and I guarantee that I didn't suffer.

My memory engrams are ingrained with reams of data over and above basic. I've played probably close to a million hands. Don't practice much anymore - what interests me are nuances. Regardless of that attitude and my slowdown in play I think my game is the best it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    500 hours a year...you must not play a lot to consider that a reasonable sum for a full time AP.

If you're not playing locally, then, 500 hours a year is a lot. It requires planning and execution.

If you're not playing locally, then, 500 hours a year is a lot. It requires planning and execution.
    When I was working the most hours in any one year was just under 400 hours. The most hours I got in when I wasn't working was 882 hours. And in both cases that was a lot of blackjack. By comparison, this year so far I have only 148 hours.

Freightman, did you just start playing blackjack in 2008? I thought you were on BJ21 going back much further than that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast