See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Posting about the length of my posts

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Posting about the length of my posts

First
    Last edited by Three; 09-29-2017 at 11:58 PM.

Actually, just saw this now, as I'm enjoying coffee after lunch.

The point is - I'm trying to help you - you just don't see it. You have lots upstairs, but it gets lost with all the verbiage. I've picked up several nuggets from you - I'm sure there could have been more. For the 2% who enjoy your length (no, not that lengt, there's the rest who really don't give a shit.

Let the newbs learn at their own pace, and, as they are able to absorb more information, provided they have the inclination to do so, will do so.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    But the point is you have said it way too much and you saying it again will not have the effect you desire. Others saying it will be taken constructively. You saying it will not. It will start my emotions running the show instead of intellect. That will not get the result you desire. You need to let the intellect run the show to have any hope of getting your desired result. I hope you can understand that. If not you are going to inadvertently cause a lot of long posts because I will have no desire to continue my efforts of the last two weeks. As you can see the effort stopped after the last straw that pushed me from being a very patient man through catching shit for months and months to a man with absolutely no patience.
    I'm sorry, but you're rationalizing. Others who are also put off by your long-winded posts, but who refuse to add to the unspeakably long posts and threads that abound here, are simply being more polite by not actively complaining.

You're being hypocritical when you complain that Freightman "has said it way too much," because, in a similar vein, you have said about 100 times that, for newbies, your posts NEED to be long, because it's your God-given mandate to teach them everything you know, and the sooner the better. And, that is patently absurd. What you really need is the equivalent of a Twitter-like limitation on just how long you may drone on, so that if you can't self-limit, the software does it for you. Of course, the workaround would just be to post multiple times, consecutively. We are, after all, APs.

Bottom line: stop trying to rationalize the length of your posts by telling all of us that you'd love to be concise, but newbies deserve better, because neither of the two parts of that statement are true. A) You don't want to be concise, and B) Of everyone here, newbies are the LEAST likely to want to wade through your verbiage to find the answers to their questions.

Don

Freighter,

Your perfect response to the above, lest you beat me to it, would be: "A little long, Don, but exactly my sentiments!"

Don

Don, a picture is worth 1000 words:

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-610x426.jpg

For an independent point of view, I think Three and Freightman both have valid points. At least both of you will express your different opinions openly without being sneaky and underhanded about it. Rather than posting it elsewhere like someone else is doing here. I hope the other site smartens up and recognizes that the man cannot be trusted, and gives him the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    For an independent point of view, I think Three and Freightman both have valid points.
    I know I hold my valid points in high regard
    I'm sure 3 does as well - referring to his own, and possibly mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Thanks for the input Don. I never said Freighter's point was invalid. I am just saying that if he wants the result he seems to want posting more about it will not have the desired effect. It will in fact have no effect or the opposite effect. Someone else posting about it would have a better chance at not triggering the if I am going to be accused of it even when I do post shorter posts most of the time what is the point of even trying. There is nothing worse than serving time for a crime you didn't commit. If you know not committing the crime will still result in you doing the time then it makes no sense not to do it. I did commit to trying to shorten my posts but after a few weeks I was still getting the same raft of bullshit. Obviously from my response and the posts that followed the continued harassment was detrimental to my effort and caused a relapse. I don't do it on purpose but I am wired that way. I know it and I explained it. If anyone wants to help me post shorter posts they should consider my nature. Right now is not a good time to mention it. Everyone just take a break on the subject and lets see how I do.
    And thus, to encourage 3 on his journey, a marching song by Allan Sherman (circa 1965), previously unpublished - the masterpiece - 76 Sol Cohens - an absolute must for Allan Sherman afficianados brought to this forum, with my Compliments.

https://youtu.be/uhf8uTUBpas