See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just finished reading entire forum - here's what I've learned

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry to hear you're enduring a difficult time with a friend's health issues, Norm. Unfortunately, even if we keep our financial ROR at near zero, aging and health issues have an ever-increasing ROR factor. Getting old is catching up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Ustonzen View Post
    I've been getting older by the day

I'd prefer crapping in my own disposable pants to my having no friends, no family, getting divorced whirlwind of joy that is my current situation

How the fuck do you think I read tens of thousands of posts in two weeks

Astronauts wear depends
    The pursuit of playing a better game of blackjack is admirable, but you may have a few other more basic things in your life that you also need to focus on to swing things around in a more positive direction.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 09-18-2017 at 04:03 AM.

Banned or Suspended

"goat-herder"

Correct usage is the simple and concise 'goatherd.'

This style error is like using 'indexes' for 'indices.'

One can use 'goatherd', but 'wrangler; is my choice

Classically, '
    sheherd' is the term commonly used.

Where large herds of goat are common, mostly

Africa, South America,
    and Asia, is a career choice.

The OP pretty much covers it. Spot on. Lol

ZMF wrote: "This style error is like using 'indexes' for 'indices.'"

There is absolutely nothing wrong with "indexes." It's a perfectly acceptable plural of "index." See here: http://business.nasdaq.com/marketins...-the-deal.html

Or refer to any of hundreds of sites online for discussions. Realize, also, that "indices" is NEVER used when the meaning is an alphabetical listing at the back of a book. You would never, ever say: "The two books had very different styles for their indices"! You would HAVE to use "indexes" in that context.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Correct usage is the simple and concise 'goatherd.'

This style error is like using 'indexes' for 'indices.'

One can use 'goatherd', but 'wrangler; is my choice

Classically, '
    sheherd' is the term commonly used.

Where large herds of goat are common, mostly

Africa, South America,
    and Asia, is a career choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Yeah, but what about goatherd and goat-herder. Both are acceptable from what I read but I would never consider myself an expert. Personally I like goat-herder. Goatherd looks like you misspelled gathered. The "th" would not be pronounced intuitively as t-h. You would think it was like the "th" in "the".
    Goat-herders may be located in asia but I know two goat-fuckers native to this board

Fenix things are unbelievably amicable - friends are always welcome. The bankroll thing doesnt hit close to home as there is no bankroll anywhere even near my house, but if you look at any introductory "hey just getting started what do you think?" Post the fact that they need a bankroll much larger than $654.37 they are starting out with after seeing 21 and doing 90 minutes of googling will be stated in the first 3 posts.

Tarzan - that was the point of my other posts. I plan on living my life with an edge, diet, excercise, academics - everything done to maximize my advantage and reduce negative fluctuation - an epiphany I had while reading these boards.

Fenix things are unbelievably amicable - friends are always welcome. The bankroll thing doesnt hit close to home as there is no bankroll anywhere even near my house, but if you look at any introductory "hey just getting started what do you think?" Post the fact that they need a bankroll much larger than $654.37 they are starting out with after seeing 21 and doing 90 minutes of googling will be stated in the first 3 posts.

Tarzan - that was the point of my other posts. I plan on living my life with an edge, diet, excercise, academics - everything done to maximize my advantage and reduce negative fluctuation - an epiphany I had while reading these boards.

I am glad your primary concern is betting cover, camouflage, and longevity. At least you understand you need to raise your bets periodically in negative and neutral counts.
    By the way, you cannot make a negative expectation positive in the long term, only slightly alter it.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-19-2017 at 05:28 AM.

That's rather depressing, no?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post
    That's rather depressing, no?

Not nearly as bad as someone who has played every day for seven years now, and counting.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-19-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I am glad your primary concern is betting cover, camouflage, and longevity. At least you understand you need to raise your bets periodically in negative and neutral counts.
    By the way, you cannot make a negative expectation positive in the long term, only slightly alter it.
    I know, my current situation is negative expectation but i am approaching it in a way that makes it as easy on my spiritual bankroll as possible, which - like blackjack - includes using all the information to make a logical rather than an emotional decision.

Im going to lose, but I can lose less..

I know, my current situation is negative expectation but i am approaching it in a way that makes it as easy on my spiritual bankroll as possible, which - like blackjack - includes using all the information to make a logical rather than an emotional decision.

Im going to lose, but I can lose less..

No, no, no I was not talking about your current situation which is frankly none of my business. I was talking about you expecting to make money long term, when you are facing negative TC situations, while playing the game. You may be able to lighten the blow, but please do not expect too much in these spots. I would rather prefer seeing you concentrate on finding all the different ways to avoid playing as many negative TC hands as possible.
    Last edited by BoSox; 09-19-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Ustonzen, I was just being frustrated and sarcastic that you think you already have the answers, and are not taking people like Tarzan seriously.

I knew what you were talking about

Believe me I am trying to avoid as many negative situations as possible - on and off the felt

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast