See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2017

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don't hate Tom Brady. I hate all the people that give the quarterback all the credit for the good offense he is fortunate enough to play on or the good coaching staff that makes their team shine. Football is the biggest team sport in the world. If you put Brady on the Browns he would look like a very bad QB. You put any number of decent NFL QBs under center for the Patriots and they would look like superstars. Brady is given more credit than he deserves by those that I hate. Bilicheck is one of the greatest coaches ever. He doesn't seem to think so because he feels he must constantly cheat in order to win. I think cheaters don't deserve to be considered among the greatest with those that didn't cheat and should be viewed in a lower category than those that did it honestly. I can't believe everyone doesn't feel that way. Maybe the ones with good character do and the ones that can't be trusted or of lower character don't for obvious reasons. I don't know why this is so hard to understand. You would think anyone with half a football brain would see this as obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Here is a list of the biggest cheaters in sports. Only one is from the NFL. You guessed it its Bill Belichick. The article could have linked any number of dozens of instances to Bilichick but chose the 7 year cheating scandal called Spygate in the article. My guess is because the NFL never gave a max fine to any other coach so this obviously is ranked as the most egregious cheating incident in NFL history.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/galler...history-081211
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A list of the 40 worst cheaters in any sport in the history of sports:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...sports-history

Number 20, and the only entry in the top 40 from the NFL, is Bill Belicheck.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The list of the 20 worst cheats in sports history:

https://www.thesportster.com/enterta...ports-history/

Number 16 is the only entry from the NFL. It is for the entire New England Patriot team.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 7 biggest cheats in sports history. Two were from the NFL. Both were the New England Patriots:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eat-teams.html
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could keep this up all day. But 4 highly respected, unbiased sources all sighting the Patriots as being the only cheater in the NFL worthy of making the list of the worst cheats in the history of all sports. I guess that settles that.
    No, that does not settle this. Bias: articles didn't state the amount and severity. The Denver Broncos cheated 12 times on Performance Enhancing Drugs which they take to illegally improve their performance.

List of Suspensions in the National Football League
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ootball_League

If you count how many players were suspended for PED you will see that it is in greater amount than the New England Patriots. Yes, you going to say that anybody can modify wikipedia but next to it there is "references" with a number. Yes, they were punished for doing it. This is an unbiased source right?

NBC Sports Broncos Spygate against the 49ers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-taping-49ers/

NFL Insider Broncos fined for nearly 1 millions dollars for salary gap violations salarygate:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Sep17.html
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-15-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    No, that does not settle this. Biased articles didn't state the amount and severity. The Denver Broncos cheated 12 times on Performance Enhancing Drugs which they take to illegally improve their performance.
    What part of the biggest cheaters infall sports don't you understand. If the Broncos scandals were bigger they would rank higher, but they don't. You asked me to sight examples of reputable sources so I spent a few minutes and only linked to the most respected sources in sports and one in news.
    Sources to support your claim, please in comparison to other teams in the NFL. Otherwise, what you said is garbage.
    These sports cheating links looked at all sports and took the worst cheaters overall. The fact that repeatedly only the Patriots represented the NFL clearly shows their cheating was the worst. If the NFL cheats were dwarfed by all other sports cheats no NFL entries would be on the list. Clearly one team is by far the worst in the NFL when compared to every other team or one of these sources would have ranked another team on the list AND worse than the Patriots. NONE OF THE HIGHLY RESPECTED SOURCES FELT ANY OTHER NFL TEAM MERITE BEING ON THE LIST. Why is that hard for you to understand. They compared all the cheats in all sports for the worst and the only one from the NFL that merited being on the list was the Patriots. Therefore the Patriots ARE the worst cheats in the NFL. The logic can't be refuted.
    If you count how many players were suspended for PED you will see that it is in greater amount than the New England Patriots.
    This is individual cheating, not team cheating. Some athletes made the lists for PEDs. But no NFL athlete or franchise made the list for PEDs because it isn't that bad of a cheat in the NFL. It is a common cheat by a lot of athletes across the league. It is not an egregious cheat that gives one team an advantage over all others. I can't believe you can't understand the difference. The PED users that made the list competed in individual sports and made the lists for that very reason. A look at the players that have been caught using PEDs show it is across the league and doesn't give any one team an unfair advantage. I really hope you aren't so drunk on Patriots Koolade that you can't understand the difference between a league wide cheating problem that gives no team an extra advantage and a team that cheats in ways that gives it an unfair advantage. The guys from the most respected sports sites did. hope that lays to rest you trying to cloud the issue with a red herring.

What part of the biggest cheaters infall sports don't you understand. If the Broncos scandals were bigger they would rank higher, but they don't. You asked me to sight examples of reputable sources so I spent a few minutes and only linked to the most respected sources in sports and one in news.

These sports cheating links looked at all sports and took the worst cheaters overall. The fact that repeatedly only the Patriots represented the NFL clearly shows their cheating was the worst. If the NFL cheats were dwarfed by all other sports cheats no NFL entries would be on the list. Clearly one team is by far the worst in the NFL when compared to every other team or one of these sources would have ranked another team on the list AND worse than the Patriots. NONE OF THE HIGHLY RESPECTED SOURCES FELT ANY OTHER NFL TEAM MERITE BEING ON THE LIST. Why is that hard for you to understand. They compared all the cheats in all sports for the worst and the only one from the NFL that merited being on the list was the Patriots. Therefore the Patriots ARE the worst cheats in the NFL. The logic can't be refuted.
    This is individual cheating, not team cheating. Some athletes made the lists for PEDs. But no NFL athlete or franchise made the list for PEDs because it isn't that bad of a cheat in the NFL. It is a common cheat by a lot of athletes across the league. It is not an egregious cheat that gives one team an advantage over all others. I can't believe you can't understand the difference. The PED users that made the list competed in individual sports and made the lists for that very reason. A look at the players that have been caught using PEDs show it is across the league and doesn't give any one team an unfair advantage. I really hope you aren't so drunk on Patriots Koolade that you can't understand the difference between a league wide cheating problem that gives no team an extra advantage and a team that cheats in ways that gives it an unfair advantage. The guys from the most respected sports sites did. hope that lays to rest you trying to cloud the issue with a red herring.
    Why it is so hard for you to understand. You are just biased toward the Patriots. You saying they are the "biggest" cheater but you can't prove it. After reading all the threads it is clear like Frank Galvin said you just don't like the Patriots that is all. You think you are better than him. Though you were all that and a bag of chips. But guess what you are NOT.

OH, BY THE WAY YOU CAN'T READ!!! BECAUSE DO YOU KNOW WHERE I GOT THIS INFORMATION FROM???? YOURTEAMCHEATS.COM I JUST USED THE SOURCES AND REFERENCE IN THE WEBSITE. JUST LIKE WIKIPEDIA YOURTEAMCHEATS.COM HAVE SOURCES AND REFERENCES TO BACK UP THERE CLAIM BUT YOU DON'T!!! YOU SAID THEY ARE BIASED BUT RIGHT NOW YOU SAID THEY ARE "HIGHLY RESPECTED SOURCES". SO YOU ARE CONTRADICTING YOURSELF. LMAF
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-15-2018 at 08:14 PM.

You saying they are the "biggest" cheater but you can't prove it.
    I just did prove it in a way nobody can dispute.
    After reading all the threads it is clear like Frank Galvin said you just don't like the Patriots that is all.
    I don't like cheaters and I don't like QBs getting more credit than they should. Since the Patriots have been proven in this thread by the sources I quote, and I could have quoted dozens more of the sources that are respected most in the sports world that say the same thing, to be the biggest cheats in NFL football and almost every other sports endeavor I don't like them. Brady is given more credit than he is due. It isn't his fault that those that don't understand Brady's stats are because of his his supporting cast on offense compares to other QBs supporting cast so they give him too much credit. But I don't like that he is over-rated even if he is one of the better QBs to play football. One of the things that make a great QB is playing in a way that makes the most of the other pieces on offense. Not every QB will do that even though they no doubt can. Brady has done that and the skill set required is not that high for a QB. He has specialized in quick short to middle passes. Mostly short passes. This is a very effective ball control offense if done correctly. Brady has done it correctly his whole career. But the skill set to do so is not that high of a level of skill. His receivers usually get a lot of yards after the catch. That shows a degree of proficiency at an easier QB skill. Unfortunately for the Patriots in the SB Brady had receivers open by 15 yards or more deep but he couldn't throw the ball far enough. The receivers had to stop and wait for the ball. Instead of a sure TD the defenders closed that 15+ yards before the stopped recover caught the ball. If Foles were under center for the Patriots and Brady was under center for the Eagles, Foles would have hit those deep receivers in stride for easy TDs and the Patriots would have won the SB. That was 14 points off the scoreboard for the Patriots. The Eagles won by 8 points.

I just did prove it in a way nobody can dispute.
    You didn't prove squad! All you proved was that you don't like the Patriots and you even said it.

You didn't prove squad!
    I didn't prove it. All the sports sites that investigated cheating across all sports did. They all came up with the same answer. The only NFL team to make the all time worst cheats list across all sports on any and all of their lists is the Patriots. To repeat for the slow learners, the Patriots are the only NFL team to make any of their lists and they made all of their lists. Are you implying that all the greatest sports sites just didn't consider any other NFL team. If so doesn't that in itself prove my point? If not doesn't that prove my point? So they proved my point either way.

I didn't prove it. All the sports sites that investigated cheating across all sports did. They all came up with the same answer. The only NFL team to make the all time worst cheats list across all sports on any and all of their lists is the Patriots. To repeat for the slow learners, the Patriots are the only NFL team to make any of their lists and they made all of their lists. Are you implying that all the greatest sports sites just didn't consider any other NFL team. If so doesn't that in itself prove my point? If not doesn't that prove my point? So they proved my point either way.
    Taylor Swift once said, "The haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate."

Taylor Swift.jpg
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-16-2018 at 07:59 AM.

With a passer rating of 115.4 under pressure that is real good. I am wondering what Nick Foles' passer rating would be under pressure I am sure it will be under 106.1.
    Would you please shoot me an email at [email protected]?

The reason why Nick Foles look better is because the Eagles is "pleasuring" him.
    Let's examine that statement:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.76253096e11a

From the article: "Nick Foles completed 28 of 43 passes for 373 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. He also caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from his tight end on a trick play that underscored Eagles Coach Doug Pederson’s willingness to gamble all night long.

Give a lot of credit to Foles for the Eagles first Super Bowl win. He was not only good with a clean pocket (97.5 passer rating) he was also solid under pressure (95 passer rating) and against the blitz (133.1 passer rating). Philadelphia’s offensive line should get some props, too, having allowed Foles to be pressured on just 10 of his 43 dropbacks, but Foles effectively out-dueled Tom Brady on the world’s biggest stage, making him a very deserving Super Bowl MVP."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you think that Belicheck just decided he didn't want to pressure Foles? Or do you think he saw Foles was performing better when he tried to create pressure on a blitz. Not under pressure Foles QB rating was 97.5. Under pressure Foles QB rating was 95. When Belicheck tried to create pressure with a blitz Foles QB rating was 133.1. Wouldn't it seem more likely that the keen eye of Belicheck saw that trying to pressure Foles was ineffective. Or are you saying the game was won in the trenches by the O-line and D-line effectiveness on protecting their QB from pressure and putting pressure on the opposing QB. That is Brady's O-line couldn't protect him and Brady couldn't handle the pressure. While the Eagles O-line protected Foles from pressure and Foles handled pressure like a champ. Isn't that what football is all about. It is a team sport. It isn't won by an individual superstar. Clearly trying to create pressure with a blitz caused Foles to excel. The Patriots couldn't bring much pressure on Foles because the offensive unit of the Eagles was outstanding at protecting Foles. But when they did it didn't affect him much at all. His QB rating under pressure and in a clean pocket was almost identical.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The stats I could find on Brady under pressure:

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/...l-lii-via-pff/

From the article:"Brady excelled when kept clean in Super Bowl LII against the Eagles. The Patriots signal caller completed 19 of 30 pass attempts for 268 yards, three touchdowns and a passer rating of 125.4 when there was no pressure. Nevertheless, he still had a passer rating of 95.8 on his 20 dropbacks under pressure.

The Patriots’ offensive line could not sustain its postseason form against the Eagles. New England’s offensive line allowed 25 total pressures on 96 plays against the Titans and the Jaguars, leading to a pass blocking efficiency rating of 79.9. However, the unit gave up 19 total pressures on 49 passing plays in Super Bowl LII, which resulted in a pass blocking efficiency rating of 70.4."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So Brady excelled when not under pressure with a passer rating of 125.4 but under pressure Brady's passer rating, 95.8, was almost identical to Foles (95). They both handled pressure equally, although Brady had a significant drop from performing under pressure where Foles didn't. But one team was better at bringing pressure, the Eagles.

Pressure and good pass protection has several aspects. First is the O-line pass blocking. That has nothing to do with the QB. Second is the QB reading the pass blocking to move to avoid pressure. Third how quick the QB can read the defense and get rid of the ball and how that relates to the pressure he is under. Clearly Foles' stats showed when the Patriots tried to bring extra pressure with the blitz he excelled and when he was actually under pressure it had little or no effect on his effectiveness. Pressure was the deciding factor but it wasn't because Foles wasn't pressured enough. It was because Brady is quite affected by pressure and the Eagles relentlessly put pressure on him.

I don't follow football much anymore. My favourite plays are the end around and the naked reverse.

Oh, is that football?

The stats I could find on Brady under pressure:

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/...l-lii-via-pff/

From the article:"Brady excelled when kept clean in Super Bowl LII against the Eagles. The Patriots signal caller completed 19 of 30 pass attempts for 268 yards, three touchdowns and a passer rating of 125.4 when there was no pressure. Nevertheless, he still had a passer rating of 95.8 on his 20 dropbacks under pressure.

The Patriots’ offensive line could not sustain its postseason form against the Eagles. New England’s offensive line allowed 25 total pressures on 96 plays against the Titans and the Jaguars, leading to a pass blocking efficiency rating of 79.9. However, the unit gave up 19 total pressures on 49 passing plays in Super Bowl LII, which resulted in a pass blocking efficiency rating of 70.4."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So Brady excelled when not under pressure with a passer rating of 125.4 but under pressure Brady's passer rating, 95.8, was almost identical to Foles (95). They both handled pressure equally, although Brady had a significant drop from performing under pressure where Foles didn't. But one team was better at bringing pressure, the Eagles.

Pressure and good pass protection has several aspects. First is the O-line pass blocking. That has nothing to do with the QB. Second is the QB reading the pass blocking to move to avoid pressure. Third how quick the QB can read the defense and get rid of the ball and how that relates to the pressure he is under. Clearly Foles' stats showed when the Patriots tried to bring extra pressure with the blitz he excelled and when he was actually under pressure it had little or no effect on his effectiveness. Pressure was the deciding factor but it wasn't because Foles wasn't pressured enough. It was because Brady is quite affected by pressure and the Eagles relentlessly put pressure on him.
    You forgot to mention in the article that said "11 of QB Tom Brady's 49 pass attempts were targeted 20 or more yards downfield. In addition, Brady completed six of those attempts- one of the incomplete was a drop- for 185 yards and had a passer rating on those throws."

Do you think that Belicheck just decided he didn't want to pressure Foles? Or do you think he saw Foles was performing better when he tried to create pressure on a blitz. Not under pressure Foles QB rating was 97.5. Under pressure Foles QB rating was 95. When Belicheck tried to create pressure with a blitz Foles QB rating was 133.1. Wouldn't it seem more likely that the keen eye of Belicheck saw that trying to pressure Foles was ineffective. Or are you saying the game was won in the trenches by the O-line and D-line effectiveness on protecting their QB from pressure and putting pressure on the opposing QB. That is Brady's O-line couldn't protect him and Brady couldn't handle the pressure. While the Eagles O-line protected Foles from pressure and Foles handled pressure like a champ. Isn't that what football is all about. It is a team sport. It isn't won by an individual superstar. Clearly trying to create pressure with a blitz caused Foles to excel. The Patriots couldn't bring much pressure on Foles because the offensive unit of the Eagles was outstanding at protecting Foles. But when they did it didn't affect him much at all. His QB rating under pressure and in a clean pocket was almost identical.

Do you think that Belicheck just decided he didn't want to pressure Foles?

One reason why I think Belicheck decided not to put pressure on Foles is because you can't do two things at once against the Eagles' offense. The entire goal of the Eagles' offense is to keep defense off-balance. The Patriots did an interview before Superbowl 52 stating that the Eagles is a "balanced" team. "They have so much balanced in their running and passing game. If they run outside, they have a play to balances it up and looks the same and they'll run it inside. If they usually throw a ball on a slant route on this look, they'll have a play where the slant is there but they'll also have wheel route to the outside."

They can't leave a defense gap uncover to just put pressure on Nick Foles. They'll have to play balanced on defense. For example, if you have a key to play a passing game and the person next to you that is playing a running game. You can't run to get the ball because you still need to cover your guy. If the Patriots get struck in a bad matchup due to an unavoidable play call they will need to tackle to limit the damage. I don't know if you know much about the Eagles or not but Eagle's head coach Doug Pederson work under Andy Reid from 2009-2015. During the home opener against the Chief in the 2017 season Andy Reid ran a similar scheme that trouble the Patriots. Through diverse looks the purpose is to keep your opponents' defense off-balanced.

When Belicheck tried to create pressure with a blitz Foles QB rating was 133.1.

Maybe the RPOs is creating trouble for the Patriots. I don't know if you know but the Carolina Panthers and Kansas City Chiefs have been giving the Patriots a lot of problems because of their RPO option. That is how the Carolina Panthers was able to knock the Patriots out of one of the 2015 season Superbowl game.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast