See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2017

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Wikipedia can be modified by anyone. It really isn't the most reliable source of info. But given you chose to use it here is all you need to know from the wiki read:
    Correct, Wikipedia can be modified by anyone but there are footnotes and sources that back up those statements in the article that I posted the link to. Beside wikipedia I also provide yourteamcheats.com as my source, too. What do you mean by illegally taping because I already shown that taping the other team's signal are not illegal providing sources to back that up. No, I am not a diehard Patriots fan. I like the Patriots and Tom Brady because of their "achievements and accomplishments". Also, "Less than 24 hours later, the Herald issued an apology for the article about the alleged walkthrough tape.[13]"

http://yourteamcheats.com/what-is-spygate

I am not a fan of Doug Pederson because I am not a guy who is foolish and harmlessly eccentric like him.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-13-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    However, what do you mean by illegally taping because I already shown that taping the other team's signal are not illegal providing sources to back that up.
    The real scandal was them secretly taping other teams practices not their signals on the sidelines. I put that in bold print in my previous post as well but you still didn't pick it up. That scandal spanned years. It is never legal to tape other teams practices without their permission. Max fines were given because of the long history of violation and attempted cover up and lack of cooperation with the investigation.

Some quick cut and pastes from the investigations into Patriot scandals:

The Patriots didn't spy only on the St. Louis Rams before their Super Bowl matchup XXXVI, and the Jets. ESPN alleges that the Patriots videotaped opposing coaches in a whopping 40 games.

* There's this paragraph that has some even more damning information:

"In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.) Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports. Walsh later told investigators that he was once instructed to remove the labels and erase tapes of a Patriots practice because the team had illegally used a player on injured reserve. At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line ... occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out."

How, exactly, was Patriots employee Matt Estrella caught by the NFL? Thanks to Jets head coach Eric Mangini, during a 2007 game against the Patriots, Estrella was watched by Jets security while he "held a camera and wore a polo shirt with a taped-over Patriots logo under a red media vest that said: NFL PHOTOGRAPHER 138." When the NFL was told about what Estrella was doing, he was busted and taken away, his tape confiscated and sent to NFL headquarters.

Now the Patriots maintain they thought taping the signals was legal. Does disguising a Patriot employee with a polo shirt covered by a NFL media vest that said "NFL PHOTOGRAPHER 138" on it in order to make the tapes sound like they thought taping the signals was legal? If you think so you are not only not objective but have an extreme Patriot bias. The Patriots knew they had systematically broke the league rules for years and didn't man up when confronted about it. Later it was revealed that they were hit so hard in future investigations because of this repeated pattern of knowingly cheating. The NFL wanted to send a signal that cheating won't be tolerated. I suspect the next cheating scandal will be met with losing a number of years of number one draft picks as well as max fines.
    Last edited by Three; 02-13-2018 at 09:46 AM.

The real scandal was them secretly taping other teams practices not their signals on the sidelines. I put that in bold print in my previous post as well but you still didn't pick it up. That scandal spanned years. It is never legal to tape other teams practices without their permission. Max fines were given because of the long history of violation and attempted cover up and lack of cooperation with the investigation.
    You were referring to Spygate and Spygate is the Patriots recording the other teams on the sideline. Spygate is not a case into what is being filmed. Teams are allow to record games and other team's signals as long as they don't use the film for the same game but for future games. What is the rule that said it is not legal to tape other teams practice?? The rule states that it is not allowed to use video tape material to help a team during a "playing of a game". It didn't say a team can't record other teams' game or practices and use it for future games.

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/pu...rs/pdf/co_.pdf
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

You will never win a debate about the Patriots with Three (to his perspective), as he is simply a fan whose team(s) just couldn't get past the Patriots in the playoffs. Nothing more complicated than that.

Now, get him to admit that, and you maybe very well prove yourself to be the G.O.A.T. (See what I did there?) poster on this forum!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

What is the rule that said it is not legal to tape other teams practice??
    Seriously. You really are drinking the Patriots cooled. The press can't even tape practices without the teams permission. Why do you try to find loopholes in everything. The rules are there for a reason. Trying to weasel around the intent of the rules while not violating the letter of the rules shows very bad character and is never appreciated by anyone. Why do you even need these things explained to you. The Patriots are considered to have cheated against the Ravens when they reported the eligible players to the officials too late the week before the deflate gate game where everything hit the fan. There are two reasons you have to report. One is so the officials know the guy with that number is eligible. Two is so the defense also knows he is eligible. By reporting too late for the defense to be notified the Patriots gained an unfair advantage that the rule was designed to make sure they didn't have. Judges hate weasels that do this and often through the book at them. The league showed their distaste for such violation of the rules intent by changing the rule in the off season to make that illegal. That SB win should have a double asterisk as not only did the Patriots play for almost a decade with deflated footballs, but they wouldn't have even played in the deflate gate AFC championship game had they not violated at minimum the intent of the rules or a violation of rules depending on how you interpret the rule. The clear thing here is the Patriots want and systematically try to get an unfair advantage by violating the NFL rules. How can anyone respect or support a team like that? What kind of message are they sending their children and young NFL fans if it is tolerated? Don't we have a greater responsibility to society as a whole than the I don't care what my team does as long as they win attitude weaker minded people have?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    You will never win a debate about the Patriots with Three (to his perspective), as he is simply a fan whose team(s) just couldn't get past the Patriots in the playoffs. Nothing more complicated than that.

Now, get him to admit that, and you maybe very well prove yourself to be the G.O.A.T. (See what I did there?) poster on this forum!
    I can understand why he like the Philadelphia Eagles!! Because the players and coaches there are goofy guys like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Get real. Ask any Patriot what team they fear most in this century. Why do they fear them most? Because historically, in the games that matter, they beat the Patriots more than any other team does in the modern era of football. The Patriots are 2 wins and 2 losses against the Ravens in the playoffs with the Ravens outscoring the Pats 112 to 85. Considering the 2 Patriot wins only occurred because the Patriots cheated they should be 0 wins and 4 losses.

I can understand why he like the Philadelphia Eagles!! Because the players and coaches there are goofy guys like him.

Because even with Foles under center they looked like the better team. It turns out they are the better team. And it was decided by the QB play.

Get real. Ask any Patriot what team they fear most in this century. Why do they fear them most? Because historically, in the games that matter, they beat the Patriots more than any other team does in the modern era of football. The Patriots are 2 wins and 2 losses against the Ravens in the playoffs with the Ravens outscoring the Pats 112 to 85. Considering the 2 Patriot wins only occurred because the Patriots cheated they should be 0 wins and 4 losses.
    I am guessing that you are talking about the Gaints. Which 2 Patriot wins are you talking about.

Because even with Foles under center they looked like the better team. It turns out they are the better team. And it was decided by the QB play.
    The reason why Nick Foles look better is because the Eagles is "pleasuring" him. If you put pressure on Foles I can almost guaranteed his performance will go to the dust. By the way Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady in Superbowl 52. The Eagles scored more points but Nick Foles didn't outplay Tom Brady. With Tom brady under pressure he was still able to perform that well and it is remarkable!! Imagine how he will perform if he NOT under pressure.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-13-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast