See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you count during DD games?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Quote Originally Posted by metronome View Post
    Seems an appropriate time to bring up the rule of eleven as re: DD. w/apologies to Flash...

The Rule of 11 in Double Deck play ...

I cannot recall the source of this, but I would like some feedback:

Rule of 11 is a basic way to determine whether or not a DD game (based on penetration) is "acceptable" to play. Take 11 and subtract the number of players that are at the table, and that will tell you what cut you need to make that game playable. The more people sitting at the table, the better the cut will need to be to make the game worth playing.

Examples:

11 - 1 player = 10 (1.0 cut)
    11 - 4 players = 7 (.7 cut)
    11 - 2 players = 9 (.9 cut)
    11 - 5 players = 6 (.6 cut)
    Pretty good guideline - thanks for sharing. But I would personally avoid the first example where one full deck is being cutoff even if it was heads up play. The SCORE at that pen is just too low.

Rule of Eleven attribution:

Rule of eleven. A method devised by Green Chip member Fine Tuner as a general guide to quickly gauge if a double deck game is worth playing. Eleven, minus the number of players, equals the worst cut percentage that is playable. For example, in a game with 3 players already there, if you sit down, there will be 4 players. 11 minus 4 = 7. This means you need 0.7 or better cut for the game to be playable. Conversely, if you know the cut is 1.0, then you also know it's playable only if you get it heads up. The table:
    Spots ....... Cut
    4 players .. 0.7
    3 players .. 0.8
    2 players .. 0.9
    1 player ... 1.0

https://bj21.com/glossary

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Someone has to look out for you. Freighter wants to give you just enough info to lose your BR quick.
    Short, concise and to the point. At least, it's a start.
    In order to be effective, comments also need to be accurate.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    From what I read it is accurate. Every time a newbie needs a longer explanation to understand something you get pissed at the people that try to help. To me that is someone bent on sabotaging their competition.
    I am only one amidst the legions of posters who have commented on your self serving commentary, buried within the Novello length of your standard responses. Your status is legendary among those acquainted with triple speak, along with the ability to confuse the ever living crap out of those you claim to serve.

Avoiding the wisdom of the many, in favour of your perception of adulation of the one, is a course destined for self disappointment.

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It needs discipline and some folks just dont have it when it comes to forums. They got to make it about a poster and not about the post. Cant understand why some are trying to teach you instead of ignoring your posts. You must rub each other the wrong way.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    C'mon guys...........we have gone far from topic. A DD game in today's environment is tough. Probably taken the place of single deck games WHEN they were tolerated. Both Freighter has a lot of knowledge (and not just on classic cars) and T-Three does (especially on Spanish 21). So why can't they just share their insight ON the DD question? Let's not drive ALL the newbies away......LOL Fresh blood and churning of members is ALWAYS appreciated in a forum environment, right?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

The fallacy is in thinking that controversy drives anyone away - all the most popular threads are the ones that devolves into heated name calling and clumsy ad hominems

Tthree and freightman are like the capulets and montagues - but with even more sexual tension

No. Freighter and I actually like each other. He just didn't know when to stop and I was pointing out that should have been a long time ago. I used a lot of more subtle tactics for the last few months but it didn't help the situation. When that happens it is time to drop the subtle tactics and just drop a bomb. So I did.
    For Ustonzen - a present from 3 and I .
    https://youtu.be/qpkrXJ7dckk

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    For Ustonzen - a present from 3 and I .
    https://youtu.be/qpkrXJ7dckk
    And once more for Ustonzen - when 3 called me an asshole, I took that in the nicest possible way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12