See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Off the top

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Off the top

Hi Girls and Boys!

Do you guys have any constructive betting tips or tricks on how to start a new shoe for the first time and later on when your max bet was placed out?
    Especially when 2 spots are played...I completely understand that longevity is a key factor when it comes to long run winning Blackjack but i need any valuable info about this, even if it is a book or a good read advised.

Thank You

All the best

Preferably, cut to a segment with the greatest density of Aces and faces after the shuffle, and keep your max bets riding.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    the greatest density of Aces and faces after the shuffle, and keep your max bets riding.
    yeah , when pigs fly ! I have seen pigs fly though

I'm so confused. Only with a hand shuffle obviously. Against an ASM it's up to you whether or not you feel you need to lay down some cover. It can be expensive so use sparingly only when you know you're being observed. Leaving the table is also an excellent option.

There's no definitive answer, but a large bet off the top does nothing for cover IMO (and is costly). Watch what ploppies do. They lower their bets off the top. They also raise them off the top. You know what they don't do? Bet with the count.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The answer depends on the table conditions in effect.
    If the rules and penetration and player density is poor
    you cannot afford any "cover plays"

I do not play poor games, so I will typically bet double
    minimum off the top on two spots and not retreat from
    that until it is unavoidable. Returning to two betting
    spots is NOT done, at least not by me.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If I have max bet out at the end of a shoe, I will get up for a phone call or bathroom break. That way it's not unnatural to start low again 10-15 minutes later. You definitely don't want to drop from max to min from one hand to the next.

Game selection is key. The better the rules and pen, the less costly betting cover is around the break even point and the spreads required to beat them are far smaller.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Any pit guy watching me would note that I start a shoe with a minimum bet on two hands, shoe after shoe, regardless of whether I had won or lost the last hand, whether I am winning or losing. I play rated, they know what I do. I might play an entire shoe with just one hand, may play the next show playing two hands from the start, may go from one hand to two hands and vice versa fairly randomly.

First, I would not fret about heat at the redchip levels and bets of under $50. Seecond, I would not fret so much on busy weekend nights where much bigger betters are playing. The pit is too busy watching too many tables and handling too many other issues and they probably dont have a guy upstairs being paid $40K to watch a $10 minimum table.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    ...and they probably dont have a guy upstairs being paid $40K to watch a $10 minimum table.
    You're right, they probably have 2 or 3 guys getting paid $20k each, but I guarantee they will watch a $10 table.

If i get it correctly Mr.ZEN you begin the shoe with 2 units of the minimum bet on two spots right off the top. Then would you chip up or parlaying if winning?