Thread: Opinions on this makeshift team play in the tropics?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Opinions on this makeshift team play in the tropics?

So we're out in the tropical boonies of Central America and I've found a single deck game with a lovely 6:5 payout on blackjacks. Now before you stop reading hear me out.
    The game is ok otherwise, double on anything, split 4 times.

Here's my question to you wiz's. With three players or less the dealer will deal 3 rounds and then shuffle. At three players total, that's about 33-34 cards penetration- 65% right? (With four or more players the dealer shuffles every round, what black magic is this?)

One player playing heads up still only gets three rounds. And, spreading to three hands, the player must increase incrementally from table minimum $5 at one hand to three of $25. So this doesn't really work because:

The maximum is $100 per hand. And considering our disadvantage from the 6:5 BJ, we need to make adjustments. I've got two American friends willing to follow my instructions and play my money and hands as asked. Say we- three players- play 5 dollars each, three hands in total. At true count of 5 or higher we table max to 100. 1:20 spread.

No fucks given for backoffs. The EV on the six deck game is laughable.

Any opinions? Is penetration good enough to make this work?
    Attached is CVCX on the game assuming a 3:2 payout on blackjacks edge.

IMG_0484.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    What about a player playing heads up playing 3 hands.

SD is not my thing so I won't comment on the game itself but that sim is fairly useless. BJ payoff is wrong. Number of players not the same. Splitting won't be what you face. Why in the world aren't you using more indices? It seems from your spread that heat is not a concern or you need to play damning heat to make it worthwhile. Index plays are worth the most in SD. Being able to use such a large spread negates a lot of the reason that is the case but it is still worth significantly more than in shoe games. If you really were playing with three people giving each specific counting duties and having one smart person coordinating the info would greatly increase your expectation. It would mean learning a lot of new things and being able to coordinate the group effort, which is another skill that the team would need to master to get that further gain. Probably way to much for someone that is still using the I18/fab4 but the potential is there unless you are hiding a lot of advanced counting abilities.

The game is shitty but if you can get away with that kind of spread and have the BR it might be good opportunity. I really never looked at SD much in the last few decades but this game might be worth the look. There are some here that look for these kinds of no heat opportunities that routinely play sub-par games for the lack of scrutiny and unfettered ability to do whatever you want at least for a while. Perhaps one of them would give expert advice on this type of opportunity.
    Right. The reason I only threw in the small amount of indices is because I'm trying to under-estimate the edge potential. While I have been using full indices religiously, in a sim, I'll underestimate.

As I stated. A player playing heads up, three hands, must increment his bets from table minimum of one hand at $5, to three hands of $25, to be allowed to play three spots.

I'm not putting any ball sweat into that sim, so until you get an accurate sim on that game, which I assume will be shitty anyways, might be an idea to leave that hidden gem hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I'm not putting any ball sweat into that sim, so until you get an accurate sim on that game, which I assume will be shitty anyways, might be an idea to leave that hidden gem hidden.
    I might actually take your advice for the fact that you seem level headed. It's amazing how people can make a point without coming accross as alienating kooks.

-1.39% for 6:5

If you can get a single-deck game that is dealt out to 33 cards consistently (63% pen), it's a great game at 3:2 and a decent game even at 6:5. Using HO2 with the top 40 indexes and a 1 - 20 spread, the SCORE for the 6:5 game (H17, DOA, DAS) is about 50! And that's play-all, no wonging. I'd play it all night if they let you....

It's always all about the pen!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    1 - 20
    Doubtful that you'll be getting more than
    2 rounds dealt after winning cinco centavos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    If you can get a single-deck game that is dealt out to 33 cards consistently (63% pen), it's a great game at 3:2 and a decent game even at 6:5. Using HO2 with the top 40 indexes and a 1 - 20 spread, the SCORE for the 6:5 game (H17, DOA, DAS) is about 50! And that's play-all, no wonging. I'd play it all night if they let you....

It's always all about the pen!
    I'll get on it then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Doubtful that you'll be getting more than
    2 rounds dealt after winning cinco centavos.

That got a good laugh. I've made a a decent number of units off their 6 deck in the past few days following pockets of aces. They're starting to look closer, so maybe switching it up will help.