See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Cover play

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    [QUOTE=Freightman;228217]
    Quote Originally Posted by Member Name Hidden View Post

I have it in attachable format. Prefer off my throwaway
    [email protected]
    Thanks Freightman, just emailed you there now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    However, one should be aware that the strategy will have some tradeoff with either EV, risk, or NO depending on the structure.
    Thanks MC. The solution to those issues is in the design. Don't need to give up EV by your variance will change. Bankroll risk tolerance is always the staring boundary.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by NB10 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been able to find that book anywhere in the past. Do you know where I can get it? Or even just the chapter in betting if available?
    Check this out for a copy

https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...ack#post187200
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Posted by ZeeBabar
    "I think your selection of tables to play have far more
    to do with your success than the count you use."

ZMF wrote:
    Poorly worded. it stinks of subjective voodoo nonsense.
    Your (short-term) "success" is NOT a "table condition."
    This is no more than pure superstition derived from
    "selective memory" That is what it sounds like to me.
    I am aware that (pathological) ploppies think that way.[/quote]

BoSox wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I am with ZMF all the way on this one, who described it perfectly. Zee, any poor player who does not work hard and thinks that just by using good table selection will be enough to carry them through to long term success is gravely mistaken. All it will do is possibly prolong an inevitable long term defeat.

Originally Posted by NB10
    "How much does Hi Opt II lower your variance vs Hi Lo?"

ZMF wrote:
    I do not have a handy statistic, especially as
    varying table conditions must be factored in.
    I can say that Pragmatically Speaking the
    difference is extremely (impressively) large.
    When my students switch from a Level One
    Count to Hi-Opt II they are virtually unanimous
    in mentioning this - their subjective experience
    of reduced volatility!

Originally Posted by SpikeBJ
    "Extremely (impressively) large"

ZMF wrote:
    "Sorry. I meant to convey a subjective sense of
    session-to-session results, but I overstated it
    via hyperbole."

BoSox:
    ZMF, at least you admit you are biased in your opinion, and not meant to be taken literally. Poorly worded. You are making the first statement worse.
    It stinks of subjective short term irrelevance.

ZeeBabar wrote:

"There is too much pushing of different counts on this forum, something I am not the only one noticing. I take it as a put down of all successful counters using level one counts."

Zee, do not take it as a put down. The count you use is a individual choice, it either works for you, or it does not. The proof is in the pudding, do not let short term results give you the wrong impression. You also need to keep working hard, and fine tuning all aspects of your game.

Last edited by BoSox; 08-20-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Bosox wrote

ZeeBabar wrote:

"There is too much pushing of different counts on this forum, something I am not the only one noticing. I take it as a put down of all successful counters using level one counts."

Yes, there differences in count efficiencies. However, the big factor, regardless of count method, is judgement. Judgement, not withstanding the issues of bankroll, ror, etc., by any measure will be the yardstick of success.

If I'm not mistaken, both Bosox and Zee utilize Hi Lo as their count if preference. In a horse race, I'll put my money down Bosox , for the primary reason stated, judgement, being in Bosox favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Bosox wrote

ZeeBabar wrote:

Yes, there differences in count efficiencies. However, the big factor, regardless of count method, is judgement. Judgement, not withstanding the issues of bankroll, ror, etc., by any measure will be the yardstick of success.

If I'm not mistaken, both Bosox and Zee utilize Hi Lo as their count if preference. In a horse race, I'll put my money down Bosox , for the primary reason stated, judgement, being in Bosox favour.
    There's a local guy, havent t seen him for a few years (may have something g to do with the fact I no longer play locally). Guy knew virtually every count system known to man. His knowledge was actually fairly extensive. The guy couldn't win himself out of a paper bag. He was truly a degenerate gambler, with no self control as it pertains to ramping, risks if ruin etc.

His judgement was somewhat sub standard. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Neither place any value on EOR in the double deck game. You'd be betting on horses without jockeys.
    Not what I'm getting at.

Banned or Suspended

Not what I'm getting at.
    My quarter goes on Freighter.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Neither place any value on EOR in the double deck game. You'd be betting on horses without jockeys.

Moses, I have not played double deck games in over two decades.

It is what it is.

Yes that is true. The last thing I am doing here is competing with others. Besides there are so many different backgrounds, and education levels among the members, we are not here to compete with each other. I want everyone on the board to have great success. I no longer play the game with considering a long term down the road approach, I already had the long term, and I always considered Blackjack, a hard, and boring job. With that in mind, I now for the most part avoid sitting at a black chip table which I can honestly say that I never felt real comfortable playing at. As it did not fit my blue collar AFLCIO union raised life style.

Freightman, I hope your back problems are improving?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

Freightman, I hope your back problems are improving?
    The L4 L5 issues are suitably taken care of with occasional cortisone shots. (Don, it took me 3 attempts to correct cortisone shits to cortisone shots).The rest of it is a fishing expedition.. It hurts like hell, but sooner or later, they will figure it out.

Interestingly enough, I start an excercise program tomorrow, geared for people with chronic pain issues. Besides fitness and health issues, I'm hoping there will also be some impact on pain issues.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910